ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I spend more on speakers or mixer  (Read 27936 times)

Tony Shui

Re: Should I spend more on speakers or mixer
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2013, 08:32:46 pm »

Tony...

Beware testing/comparing various speakers in un-controlled situations like music stores, etc.

The speaker that's as little as 3dB louder may sound "better" to you while the only difference between it and the other is volume.

Tell you the truth - the more I listen the more I get confused since my feeling about certain speaker is quite different compared to some reviews.

What would you get if you have $1200 for hardware? Mind giving me a little list?  ;)

The best location depends upon a lot of factors - sight lines to your TV are apparently one of those factors.  How about beside the TV or even above the TV?

Wife doesn't agree on wall mount of ceiling mount. Plus we have a 60" TV and a wide TV stand. My options are limited.  :-[
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:44:50 pm by Tony Shui »

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2013, 12:51:23 am »

What would you get if you have $1200 for hardware? Mind giving me a little list?

With Taiwanese bang for the buck mind and American family man context, if I were in your situation I would get two ZLX 12P, a Zed 10 FX, two wired mics suitable to your voice qualities, 2 tripods, 4 XLR cables of necessary length, all at the store you auditioned speakers at. It is not unrealistic to get all these for $1200 if you do some research. I would think they are willing to work with your budget limit and give you a satisfactory package.  It is good to develop a good relationship with local vendor, if they are reasonable. Good luck, and don't let getting gear rob you of the joy of producing music.

Btw, any software you spend for live performance would not do you any good. You just need quality tracks. For recording, it's a different story.
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

Tony Shui

« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2013, 04:37:30 pm »

With Taiwanese bang for the buck mind and American family man context, if I were in your situation I would get two ZLX 12P, a Zed 10 FX, two wired mics suitable to your voice qualities, 2 tripods, 4 XLR cables of necessary length, all at the store you auditioned speakers at. It is not unrealistic to get all these for $1200 if you do some research. I would think they are willing to work with your budget limit and give you a satisfactory package.  It is good to develop a good relationship with local vendor, if they are reasonable. Good luck, and don't let getting gear rob you of the joy of producing music.

Btw, any software you spend for live performance would not do you any good. You just need quality tracks. For recording, it's a different story.
Thanks Sean! I think for what we are planning to do with the system, your suggestion is more than enough and Right on the Money.  ;)

Cheers!

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2013, 11:01:47 pm »

Thanks Sean! I think for what we are planning to do with the system, your suggestion is more than enough and Right on the Money.  ;)

Cheers!

:) Hope the Mrs. will be happy as well  8)
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

Tony Shui

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2013, 07:32:21 am »

:) Hope the Mrs. will be happy as well  8)

She likes it too but we might have to put the plan on hold for a while. Not that we've changed our mind - we just found out her father had cancer. We will be spending a lot of time with him in the hospital and won't have much of free time for ourselves.

We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who have replied. You guys are the best!

In the meantime if anyone has any other ideas and advices please keep them coming. We will be back!

Cheers!

Tony

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2013, 07:32:21 am »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.