ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need wires for leviton controller  (Read 3866 times)

Jesse gray

Need wires for leviton controller
« on: August 05, 2013, 01:38:49 PM »

I recently purchased a used leviton controller and found that the dmx connector was taken out. Does anyone know where I can get the wires to connect the dmx chassis i am about to bug to the controller?

Scott Hofmann

Re: Need wires for leviton controller
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 03:33:09 PM »

Sorry that I'm a bit confused about your question....
Are you looking for a standard 5-pin female chassis-mount connector, or possibly a 3-pin female chassis-mount connector for the DMX output of the controller?
Or are you looking for the wires that connect the above to the pc board? Or are you looking for a 5-pin or 3-pin DMX M/F cable to connect the Leviton controller to a dimmer pack?
Don't know what you mean by "the dmx chassis i am about to bug to the controller".
Scott Hofmann

Jesse gray

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 04:22:31 PM »

Sorry that I'm a bit confused about your question....
Are you looking for a standard 5-pin female chassis-mount connector, or possibly a 3-pin female chassis-mount connector for the DMX output of the controller?
Or are you looking for the wires that connect the above to the pc board? Or are you looking for a 5-pin or 3-pin DMX M/F cable to connect the Leviton controller to a dimmer pack?
Don't know what you mean by "the dmx chassis i am about to bug to the controller".

I meant to say "buy for the controller" it must have auto corrected. I am looking where to buy the wires to connect the chassis I am purchasing to the pc board.

Scott Hofmann

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 09:32:42 AM »

Your best bet is to have the model number handy and call Leviton support at 1-800-959-6004. I've found them to be relatively easy to deal with. Or post a good closeup photo of what you're talking about so we can see the problem a little better.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:34:24 AM by Scott Hofmann »
Scott Hofmann

duane massey

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »

If you mean the "dmx output connector", you have a controller that does not have the dmx option installed. All Leviton controllers that have MPX outputs using a 3-pin XLR require a factory kit using a 5-pin XLR and an IC to be installed. It would be helpful if you post the model of the controller, as all Leviton controllers do not have the same output(s).
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Jesse gray

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 11:21:26 PM »

If you mean the "dmx output connector", you have a controller that does not have the dmx option installed. All Leviton controllers that have MPX outputs using a 3-pin XLR require a factory kit using a 5-pin XLR and an IC to be installed. It would be helpful if you post the model of the controller, as all Leviton controllers do not have the same output(s).

It is a Leviton MC 7016 memory lighting controller.

here is a photo of the back with the dmx512 option covered up.

Here is the inside of the board. I need the plastic piece and the wires to be able to solder them on the 5-pin DMX chassis when i buy it.

duane massey

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 07:26:52 PM »

Jesse, you need the kit itself. This controller will not output DMX without it.
The kit (OPT 7512) may no longer be available, but you should call  Leviton/NSI directly to see if they still offer it, as it does not appear on their website.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 07:26:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.