ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shore power - need advice on what to get  (Read 2262 times)

chris johnson

shore power - need advice on what to get
« on: August 21, 2013, 02:55:02 PM »

hey hey. long story short, i am adding a second set of camlocks to our venue, and we now can live a tour bus in our alley without problems, so i can add shore power, but i dont have a clue as to which to get. id like to be the most accommodating to everyone, but i realized that i have no clue what tour buses actually need when it comes to shore power. we have plenty of juice and someone to install it all, i just dont know what to look for exactly that is the most accommodating to touring tour buses. thanks for your time in advance. if someone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
Re: shore power - need advice on what to get
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 03:03:30 PM »

hey hey. long story short, i am adding a second set of camlocks to our venue, and we now can live a tour bus in our alley without problems, so i can add shore power, but i dont have a clue as to which to get. id like to be the most accommodating to everyone, but i realized that i have no clue what tour buses actually need when it comes to shore power. we have plenty of juice and someone to install it all, i just dont know what to look for exactly that is the most accommodating to touring tour buses. thanks for your time in advance. if someone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
Pretty much all of the big tour buses that I see come through our local performing arts venue plug into the shore power with a NEMA 1450 "range plug". That is to say that they expect 240VAC with 50A capacity.

You should be able to find a "trailer panel" that features the NEMA 1450R, a 120V 30A "trailer outlet", and a regular NEMA 5-20 duplex outlet. This panel will typically have breakers built in for the 120V 20A and 30A circuits and expect to be fed the 240V 50A service. Putting one of these trailer panels on the wall outside with a lock on it should be all you need to do. They should be able to plug right in with no problem.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Kyle Van Sandt

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 12:14:39 AM »

Pretty much all of the big tour buses that I see come through our local performing arts venue plug into the shore power with a NEMA 1450 "range plug". That is to say that they expect 240VAC with 50A capacity.

You should be able to find a "trailer panel" that features the NEMA 1450R, a 120V 30A "trailer outlet", and a regular NEMA 5-20 duplex outlet. This panel will typically have breakers built in for the 120V 20A and 30A circuits and expect to be fed the 240V 50A service. Putting one of these trailer panels on the wall outside with a lock on it should be all you need to do. They should be able to plug right in with no problem.
Kyle Van Sandt
Production Coordinator
The Egg, Albany, NY
vansandtdesigns.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 12:14:39 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.