ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PMs not transmitted (hey Riley Casey)  (Read 1519 times)

Kevin Tracy

PMs not transmitted (hey Riley Casey)
« on: August 15, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »

Some make it , some say successful but don't show up in my sent messages. Whats up with that?
Riley .......I need to know why cabinet mods are not possible on SM222

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: PMs not transmitted (hey Riley Casey)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 02:17:30 PM »

To quote one of my favorite movie lines, " sure you can, why would you want to?"

The SM222 was as much has anything else an exercise in cramming the maximum amount of electro-acoustic motors in the minimum amount of space.  There is no room on the existing baffle to make the mods required to swap the horn to the end of the cabinet and mount the end woofer in the middle.  It would require removing the existing baffle ( it would have to be cut out through a lot of glue bonds and staples ) or mounting a new baffle on the front of the existing one.  The question then becomes why go thru that level of work and mess?  Moving the horn to the end will not suddenly make the SM222 a substantially better 'FOH' speaker  than it currently is.  The existing arrangement was to make a workable pattern that was intuitive for your hearing impaired rock & roll vocalist du jour but that doesn't make it a bad choice for throwing 50 feet in a club.   If you are using these speakers as a 'FOH' cabinet because those are the resources you have then roll with it and it'll be fine.  Use the EAW published DSP settings with a nice dual 15 bass cabinet and crossover into the SM222 at 200 hz or so, put a dual 18 sub under the whole arrangement and have a good time.

I need to know why cabinet mods are not possible on SM222

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: PMs not transmitted (hey Riley Casey)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 02:17:30 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.