ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bill Walso seriously ill  (Read 2602 times)

Curtis H List (Too Tall)

Bill Walso seriously ill
« on: August 15, 2013, 08:05:46 PM »

Hi,
I just read an email about my good friend Bill Walso from Carol.

For those who do not recognize the name Bill Walso, he wrote the analyzer program “ Praxis” and before that LAUD. Praxis somewhat similar to Smaart.
Fr those who know how to get to Pat Brown please let him know so it can get it on his SynAudCon. I am going to try an email to them.
As of yesterday he is fighting a tough battle with cancer.
He is moving to a different hospital today to find a hospital that does the surgery he needs.
He has a malignant tumor in the common bile duct. I've learned a lot about anatomy this week. The liver, pancreas, and gall bladder all secrete gastric enzymes into the small intestine. Each organ has its own small duct and all three of the small ducts come together in the larger common duct which goes into the small intestine.

The tumor is in the common duct and has it blocked. So all the bile is backed up in the organs and that is why Bill is so terribly ill.  He's also yellow from the buildup in the liver. He has been sleeping almost all the time since he was admitted last Friday.
Please keep Bill and Carol in your thoughts through the coming days.
Thanks

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
Re: Bill Walso seriously ill
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 08:50:59 PM »

Hi,

For those who do not recognize the name Bill Walso, he wrote the analyzer program “ Praxis” and before that LAUD. Praxis somewhat similar to Smaart.
Fr those who know how to get to Pat Brown please let him know so it can get it on his SynAudCon. I am going to try an email to them.
As of yesterday he is fighting a tough battle with cancer.
He is moving to a different hospital today to find a hospital that does the surgery he needs.
He has a malignant tumor in the common bile duct. I've learned a lot about anatomy this week. The liver, pancreas, and gall bladder all secrete gastric enzymes into the small intestine. Each organ has its own small duct and all three of the small ducts come together in the larger common duct which goes into the small intestine.

The tumor is in the common duct and has it blocked. So all the bile is backed up in the organs and that is why Bill is so terribly ill.  He's also yellow from the buildup in the liver. He has been sleeping almost all the time since he was admitted last Friday.
Thanks

Hello Curtis,

Sorry to hear of Bill's illness;  hoping that his surgery will speed a recovery.   

Hope you are well..

Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Tom Danley

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 02:08:06 PM »

Hi,

Thanks

Hi Curtis
I am sorry to hear that, Bill is a great guy and this is serious.   
They will probably do a “Whipple” procedure if it’s like what my brother had. 
His first clue was jaundice from that duct being blocked.

In my brother’s case, it had not spread and it appears they were able to remove all of the tumor and 2+ years on he is fine and still working etc.   
If he is trying to figure out where to go, Dr Bilimoria was who took care of my brother and is recognized as an expert in the field.

http://www.nch.org/medical-services/pancreas-health/expertise.php

If you talk to Bill, tell him I said Hi and am pulling for him.
Best,
Tom

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 02:08:06 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.