ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommended rider language - temporary roof structures  (Read 12953 times)

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
Re: Recommended rider language - temporary roof structures
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »

So would any of you refuse to play under the roof in the video?  The series has hosted Brian Wilson, Willie Nelson, and a bunch of other acts of that caliber just this year.

Hello,

It's hard for me to give a yes/no answer because of the video's quality not revealing more detail, and that I wasn't on the scene.   But, from what I could see it looked ok.  There were diagonal guys on the legs of the roof.  It appears as though the legs may have been anchored beneath the stage floor...but???   

If the legs were bolted beneath the stage, the roof truss wasn't overloaded with hung gear,  and there was no immediate threat of storm... I'd say ..hit the stage.   

Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 10:57:31 PM »

Hello,

It's hard for me to give a yes/no answer because of the video's quality not revealing more detail, and that I wasn't on the scene.   But, from what I could see it looked ok.  There were diagonal guys on the legs of the roof.  It appears as though the legs may have been anchored beneath the stage floor...but???   

If the legs were bolted beneath the stage, the roof truss wasn't overloaded with hung gear,  and there was no immediate threat of storm... I'd say ..hit the stage.   

Hammer

I have done that gig and it was fine (other than the pita load in). There is a very minimal lighting rig so not much load on the roof other than the structure itself and any wind. It is guyed and from what i remember the tower bases are anchored to the stage. You are in a very small amphitheater type bowl that is largely sheltered by the surrounding terrain.

Everyone on the touring crew I was with has been at this a long time and all have survived staging accidents so we always have a look around at how the stage and roof are rigged.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 10:57:31 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.