ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Powering TH118  (Read 1159 times)

John Schalk

Re: Powering TH118
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2024, 09:23:45 AM »

I'd suggest talking to Danley.  The protection in their DNA amps will not be replicated by simple processors.
Just to add on to this comment, I recently exchanged some emails with Fulcrum Acoustic with regard to possibly finding an affordable outboard DSP for my speakers so that I could use any "dumb" power amp that I had access to.  Their response included a comment to the effect that no outboard limiters can equal the protection that they provide in their gray box settings for the DSP enabled amps that they support.  I think you can use your existing Dynacord amps using the old school protection method of not letting the red lights come on and stay one.  Save your gig money and invest in Danley supported power amps when you can afford them.

Floris Barthel

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2024, 12:05:48 PM »

I think you can use your existing Dynacord amps using the old school protection method of not letting the red lights come on and stay one.  Save your gig money and invest in Danley supported power amps when you can afford them.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I think I'll do exactly this!

What are you running for top speakers?

Work in progress :)

Robert Lunceford

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2024, 12:17:29 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, I think I'll do exactly this!

Work in progress :)

There is a pair of Danley SM80 listed in this forum’s Marketplace section. They were listed by Mike Pyle on February 18. Not sure if they are still available. They are in excellent condition. I know as they used to belong to me.

Jeremy Young

• Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2024, 02:16:53 PM »

If you’re looking for a cost effective way to add Danley limiters to your existing amplifiers, the DNA SC48 is the way to go.  4x8 processor with all the DSP that’s in their amplifiers.  The only thing you’ll miss out on is current limiting which it can’t do on behalf of your amps.  There’s a quick calibration step with a multimeter when you connect it to your amplifiers and then you’re golden. 
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada
Live Events - Life Events - Corporate Events

Floris Barthel

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 10:19:14 PM »

If you’re looking for a cost effective way to add Danley limiters to your existing amplifiers, the DNA SC48 is the way to go.  4x8 processor with all the DSP that’s in their amplifiers.  The only thing you’ll miss out on is current limiting which it can’t do on behalf of your amps.  There’s a quick calibration step with a multimeter when you connect it to your amplifiers and then you’re golden.

Seems like a great unit to get!!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 10:19:14 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 25 queries.