ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How would you rate the reliability of the X32 console?  What about the X32+S16?

Console: Zero problems.
- 36 (42.4%)
Console: a small issue, no deal breakers; it has been or soon will be resolved.
- 15 (17.6%)
Console: multiple issues or an issue that has caused me not to trust this console.
- 6 (7.1%)
Console+S16: zero problems.
- 17 (20%)
Console+S16: a small issue, no deal breakers; it has been or soon will be resolved.
- 6 (7.1%)
Console+S16: multiple issues or an issue that has caused me not to trust this console/snake arrangement.
- 5 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?  (Read 68096 times)

Michael Kurczeski

Re: Poll: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 01:17:28 PM »

I've had issues with the digital snake that never really got resolved. It was explained that cat5e cable wasn't suited to the job and that cat6 shielded is what I needed. I did away with the s16 rather than risk having the issue happen again.

The board itself with a copper snake has been very reliable with no issues to report. I personally feel behringer underpriced the console. The thing that scares me the most about it is how cheap it is and waiting to find out why. So far so good though...Even without the digital snake the board is worth it's weight in gold.

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 05:51:20 PM »

I've had issues with the digital snake that never really got resolved. It was explained that cat5e cable wasn't suited to the job and that cat6 shielded is what I needed. I did away with the s16 rather than risk having the issue happen again.

The board itself with a copper snake has been very reliable with no issues to report. I personally feel behringer underpriced the console. The thing that scares me the most about it is how cheap it is and waiting to find out why. So far so good though...Even without the digital snake the board is worth it's weight in gold.
Instead of trying the factory's advice, you ditched your S16 without seeing if it worked or not?  I guess that's one way of fixing the problem.

I was an early purchaser of the X32, and I've had zero issues (that weren't user error in the routing section).  So far, this old analog dog is impressed - even if it does say Behringer on the thing.  The most important thing is that it's already paid for itself (and then some).  I've been considering adding a Compact, too.  The only questionable part of the X32 is the faders - not because of any real issues (from me or anyone else), just because they are an unknown.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Michael Kurczeski

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 08:58:11 PM »

Instead of trying the factory's advice, you ditched your S16 without seeing if it worked or not?  I guess that's one way of fixing the problem.

I was an early purchaser of the X32, and I've had zero issues (that weren't user error in the routing section).  So far, this old analog dog is impressed - even if it does say Behringer on the thing.  The most important thing is that it's already paid for itself (and then some).  I've been considering adding a Compact, too.  The only questionable part of the X32 is the faders - not because of any real issues (from me or anyone else), just because they are an unknown.

My story is in another thread....go look for it if you want all the details. Long story short is I got a random loud static/pop that would make the board dim and lose audio for a second, then come back on. The factory wanted me to send the board back but I had too much work to let it go. So I got rid of the s16's (which behringer didnt think were the problem) and went back to copper which has been 100%. I think you are implying that I didn't let my buyer know about the issue I was having...but he knew, and he hasnt had any issues with the s16's.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 09:15:18 PM by Michael Kurczeski »

Michael Kurczeski

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 09:01:09 PM »

Double post...

Clint Miller

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 10:34:51 PM »

*There's a poll at the top of the page when viewed in a browser.  Please vote on it.  If you're using a mobile app, you probably cannot see the poll.

I have been considering purchasing a Behringer X32 console and possibly a rack unit and S16 stage boxes.  I have read through all of the posts reporting problems with the board which make me question whether or not the X32 is the right choice.  I'd like to get an idea whether the problems reported are common or whether they represent a small minority of X32 users.  Often problems provoke users to write forum posts whereas reliability does not.  If you're an X32 user, please give some feedback about your experiences by using the poll at the top.  Please limit your answer to actual product defects, not "problems" figuring out how to do something or "issues" with a design decision you don't like.

If you're using the S16 also, please vote using the 2nd set of options.

Non-X32 users: I'm not looking for advice on alternatives.

**The Tapatalk app does not show the actual poll.  If you remember, get on a web browser and participate in the poll.  Otherwise I guess comments will suffice.

I love my X32 w/ the S16. It has worked flawlessly for my crew. It sounds fantastic, and it costs so little, that I'm adding a 2nd for monitor beach duty. I haven't dug too deep into it yet, but will as festival season winds down. Everyone who hears it has been impressed. AND it is finally getting acceptance as an alternative to the LS9 32 for up-n-comin' gigs I get.
It's not as easy to get around as the StudioLive boards, but I personally think it sounds better than the LS9 or the 24.4.2.

Adam Wh3tham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 03:01:33 PM »

I don't own one yet (waiting on the X32 Rack), but I have read every post on any thread I could find on the subject.

Same here. For the size and a compactness Its hard to find anything similar for the wedding/bar band circuit.

There are a few X32's around my area and I haven't heard of any of them having issues.
I practice safe excursion on the weekends

Paul Vannatto

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 10:40:30 PM »

Interesting thread. Our church got the X32, two S16 and 6 P16 in Dec 2012, replacing a Yamaha analog setup. I was expecting a lot of learning curve issues and resistance. None of that occurred and everyone is still very happy with everything, only wishing we had made the leap earlier.

But what makes this thread so interesting is that it reminds me of similar discussions during the early 80's regarding the new game changer called a PC.

What I would suggest to those who are skeptical, get one and run it through its paces in order to make an experienced decision, rather than relying on opinions, etc. If it isn't up to par, sell it. But I haven't see many used X32 available, or I'd be considering scooping one.

Paul

James A. Griffin

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 10:47:40 PM »

*There's a poll at the top of the page when viewed in a browser.  Please vote on it.  If you're using a mobile app, you probably cannot see the poll.

Corey,

There is a flaw in how the poll data is reported.   When it gets to the questions regarding the Console + S16, it reports the answers as a percentage of total poll responses, rather than as a percentage of how many responded to the S16 questions.      Note that as of this writing, there are 41 total responses and 14 S16 responses.    Even though 8 of the 14 (57%) report ZERO ISSUES, it looks as if only 19% had Zero Issues.   Is there a way to re-calibrate the reporting?

I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Henry Moreau

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 11:44:29 PM »

Not surprising that we have the same haters of the X32 here as in other threads (and they don't even own one!)
Don't really wanna be the bearer of bad news guys but the pro audio world has been turned upside down and it's time for the old dogs to move aside if they can't keep up with the rising tide of technology.

So far out of the gate the X32 has out performed all other digital console to date PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
♫♪♫ ☼ LIVE FREE OR DIE ☼ ♫♪♫

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 11:53:34 PM »

Not surprising that we have the same haters of the X32 here as in other threads (and they don't even own one!)
Don't really wanna be the bearer of bad news guys but the pro audio world has been turned upside down and it's time for the old dogs to move aside if they can't keep up with the rising tide of technology.

So far out of the gate the X32 has out performed all other digital console to date PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

You mean out sold. True.

Out performed? What are you measuring?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 11:53:34 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.