ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How would you rate the reliability of the X32 console?  What about the X32+S16?

Console: Zero problems.
- 36 (42.4%)
Console: a small issue, no deal breakers; it has been or soon will be resolved.
- 15 (17.6%)
Console: multiple issues or an issue that has caused me not to trust this console.
- 6 (7.1%)
Console+S16: zero problems.
- 17 (20%)
Console+S16: a small issue, no deal breakers; it has been or soon will be resolved.
- 6 (7.1%)
Console+S16: multiple issues or an issue that has caused me not to trust this console/snake arrangement.
- 5 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?  (Read 68096 times)

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Poll: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?
« on: August 04, 2013, 10:40:49 PM »

*There's a poll at the top of the page when viewed in a browser.  Please vote on it.  If you're using a mobile app, you probably cannot see the poll.

I have been considering purchasing a Behringer X32 console and possibly a rack unit and S16 stage boxes.  I have read through all of the posts reporting problems with the board which make me question whether or not the X32 is the right choice.  I'd like to get an idea whether the problems reported are common or whether they represent a small minority of X32 users.  Often problems provoke users to write forum posts whereas reliability does not.  If you're an X32 user, please give some feedback about your experiences by using the poll at the top.  Please limit your answer to actual product defects, not "problems" figuring out how to do something or "issues" with a design decision you don't like.

If you're using the S16 also, please vote using the 2nd set of options.

Non-X32 users: I'm not looking for advice on alternatives.

**The Tapatalk app does not show the actual poll.  If you remember, get on a web browser and participate in the poll.  Otherwise I guess comments will suffice.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:03:37 AM by Corey Scogin »

Scott Atkins

Re: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 11:30:54 PM »

The x32 has given me no problems. I have had my x32 since 2 weeks after the console was released. My x32 works occasionally on local bar bands. The console is great for that range of shows. And truthfully I like the console better than a Ls9. Mine has had no issues with reliability.

Note: I am a Behringer dealer.
Scott Atkins
Head Engineer
Tsunami Audio& Lighting
Call for information
(520)546-1170
Fax (520) 546-1226

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 11:34:31 PM »

Put and x32 in a church that I help at in January, I haven't mixed on it much but they haven't had any problems with it. The only calls I've gotten are about them having trouble figuring something out. No S16 in this case, they had a 16x4 analog snake that provides enough channels for now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 4

James A. Griffin

Re: Poll: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 12:02:34 AM »

I've had no issues with the X32 or with the S16 stage  boxes, even when using cheap off the shelf 100ft Cat 5
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 12:05:20 AM »

I have been considering purchasing a Behringer X32 console and possibly a rack unit and S16 stage boxes.  I have read through all of the posts reporting problems with the board which make me question whether or not the X32 is the right choice.  I'd like to get an idea whether the problems reported are common or whether they represent a small minority of X32 users.  Often problems provoke users to write forum posts whereas reliability does not.  If you're an X32 user, please give some feedback about your experiences.  Please limit your answer to actual product defects, not "problems" figuring out how to do something or "issues" with a design decision you don't like.

If you're using the S16 also, please vote using the 2nd set of options.

Non-X32 users: I'm not looking for advice on alternatives.

I'm not playing mixer roulette.  That new problems are surfacing before old problems (not feature requests) are addressed and/or fixed makes the X32 a non-starter now.  We were ready to buy multiple units, too.

As I point out in another, similar thread, that individual users have gotten multiple defective units IN A ROW (and presuming a fairly random distribution of production dates) does not bode well statistically.  It's almost irrelevant that there are 30,000 out there with no reported problems, but that individual owners have received multiple defective mixers.  Something is screwed up in China, perhaps wrong solder temperature or funky IDT terminations on ribbon cables, but until the problems stop the X32 is off the table for us.

Other manufacturers have their issues with cheap mixers, too.  Perhaps we're not yet at the place where "mini-midas" can be sold for 0.1x the cost of the real deal.

The plethora of features is irrelevant if the model does not work consistently.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Lou Kohley

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 01:21:19 AM »

I just purchased an x32 for personal use when I'm working with bands. Mostly so I have consistency from gig to gig rather than relying on whatever console may be available.

I had an issue that came up on two separate occasions that I could not figure out. The console would have an occasional crackle on all channels that was very annoying. I work with a band regularly that uses a mixwizard to mix their iems and I get a split of those channels.

I only had it happen with this setup. I assume it was a power issue. (Some weird ground, lighting leaking noise, something) I have since started using a power regulator (Furman AR1215) and tried my best to keep audio and lighting on different circuits.

I've done several shows since then and haven't had an issue. Clean sound with great control via the ipad.

I'm sure any console would have had issues with funky power but I noticed it right after getting the x32. I read the forum about crackles when using the s16 boxes however mine didn't behave the same way as described.

That's been my experience. Hopefully it's helpful.

LOU

Bill Hornibrook

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 02:01:04 AM »

Would it be possible to add a "Just want to see the results" option in the poll, so that those of us who are interested but don't have any direct experience could view the voting?

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 02:34:55 AM »

Would it be possible to add a "Just want to see the results" option in the poll, so that those of us who are interested but don't have any direct experience could view the voting?

The poll options say it should be visible to anyone.  Here's the link it takes me to when I click "view results" at the bottom of the poll.
http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,145330.0/viewresults.html

Bill Hornibrook

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 03:19:52 AM »

You're right Corey. Sorry guys. I'm unfamiliar with the format of this forum and missed it. Carry on gentlemen....

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 09:31:04 AM »

I'm not playing mixer roulette.  That new problems are surfacing before old problems (not feature requests) are addressed and/or fixed makes the X32 a non-starter now.  We were ready to buy multiple units, too.

As I point out in another, similar thread, that individual users have gotten multiple defective units IN A ROW (and presuming a fairly random distribution of production dates) does not bode well statistically.  It's almost irrelevant that there are 30,000 out there with no reported problems, but that individual owners have received multiple defective mixers.  Something is screwed up in China, perhaps wrong solder temperature or funky IDT terminations on ribbon cables, but until the problems stop the X32 is off the table for us.

Other manufacturers have their issues with cheap mixers, too.  Perhaps we're not yet at the place where "mini-midas" can be sold for 0.1x the cost of the real deal.

The plethora of features is irrelevant if the model does not work consistently.

Exactly!

I read or hear about X32 issues every day. It crackles when I do this, channels won't respond, stage box sucks, yada, yada, yada. It doesn't matter if many people feel they won't be effected a second time, or that maybe "It was just this combination.". Owning anything that may or may not work under a specific set of circumstances makes no sense at all. And what was the outcome of the stage box issues? Swept under the rug I'll bet. Too many people are blinded by the lights, get all reved up, then find out it's a douche.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 03:56:15 PM by Bob Leonard »
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 09:31:04 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.