ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How would you rate the reliability of the X32 console?  What about the X32+S16?

Console: Zero problems.
- 36 (42.4%)
Console: a small issue, no deal breakers; it has been or soon will be resolved.
- 15 (17.6%)
Console: multiple issues or an issue that has caused me not to trust this console.
- 6 (7.1%)
Console+S16: zero problems.
- 17 (20%)
Console+S16: a small issue, no deal breakers; it has been or soon will be resolved.
- 6 (7.1%)
Console+S16: multiple issues or an issue that has caused me not to trust this console/snake arrangement.
- 5 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?  (Read 68460 times)

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
Re: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2013, 01:27:45 PM »

JR, your "in the trenches" experience and know how is well regarded by the community, I enjoy reading your comments on the X32 (and other products) and find they often hit the nail on the head.

Your ability to make those comments without a hint of prejudice, even if it may be deserved, is noted and respected by me as well.

This cannot be repeated enough times....

Loren Aguey

• New York City
Re: Poll: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2013, 12:44:02 PM »

I couldn't figure out how to actually submit a vote in the poll, but I figured I'd chime in. We own 3 X32's and as of last week the 3rd one will have to be sent in for repair because of a busted fader. That's 3 out of 3. I feel I've been pretty lenient and defended the console previously and gave it the benefit of the doubt.

But now, I'm just convinced that the quality control is not where it should be. To top if off, when a Behringer rep let us use his loaner while one of ours was being fixed, one of those faders went bad and the headphone output never worked.

And a couple weeks ago I was doing a one off in a school gym with an X32 installed. Brand new install, first actual show. The S16 takes a huge shit and I get that issue where there's a bunch of loud pops through the PA and it keeps losing sync. I had to take the mixer to the stage and plug everything into the console and mix from there. AES port A on that console wouldn't sync at all, and AES port B is the one with the issues.

To be fair, the S16 I installed in one of the clubs has been flawless for almost a year now. But I left the analog snake just in case.

So...yeah. My overall take is that I love the design and function of the mixer, but I definitely do not love how many issues I've had with it. I don't think I'd tour with one as much as I'd love to carry around something that small, light and functional. 

I should also note that for the most part RMA service has been as hassle free as possible and has not cost us a dime in shipping or anything else. So they're at least holding up their end of the bargain on the warranty, I'll give them that. Though I've had a couple emails go unanswered including the last one about the s16 sync issue.

On another side note, it appears the X32 does not like generators at all, and appears to be more susceptible than other consoles to voltage fluctuations. Obviously with any digital console it's a good idea to use a voltage regulator, in my experience with the X32 you pretty much have to.

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2013, 12:59:51 PM »

I couldn't figure out how to actually submit a vote in the poll, but I figured I'd chime in. We own 3 X32's and as of last week the 3rd one will have to be sent in for repair because of a busted fader. That's 3 out of 3.
You (and all of your console operators) know that if you impede the moving faders the fader belt will disengage from the motor sprocket, right?  I've seen this happen to others' X32s - particularly with linked channels and operators with their fingers on both of the linked faders.  Use it properly, and it's a solid desk.  Use it improperly, and all bets are off (no matter what name is on the device).  I would firmly chalk all three of your failures up to Operator Error.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

Loren Aguey

• New York City
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2013, 01:16:57 PM »

You (and all of your console operators) know that if you impede the moving faders the fader belt will disengage from the motor sprocket, right?  I've seen this happen to others' X32s - particularly with linked channels and operators with their fingers on both of the linked faders.  Use it properly, and it's a solid desk.  Use it improperly, and all bets are off (no matter what name is on the device).  I would firmly chalk all three of your failures up to Operator Error.

You think that I just like to switch layers and try to hold a fader in place just for shits and giggles? Give me a break, and don't jump to false conclusions when you don't know all the details.

I know how to use a digital console, I've been using Yamaha and Avid for years and never had any fader failure and have seen 3 in less than a year in X32s (that's including the loaner we had). And I know to only push one fader when using linked pairs and so does anyone else whose not completely new to digital consoles.

Your response is especially irritating considering I never got into the specifics of the other failures, not all of which were fader related. Was it my fault that on monitor duty the X32 started randomly sending ALL channels to ALL busses to full output? Just because you, and probably the majority of other X32 owners have not had issues with it, does not make my experience moot.

Loren Aguey

• New York City
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2013, 01:18:09 PM »

You think that I just like to switch layers and try to hold a fader in place just for shits and giggles? Give me a break, and don't jump to false conclusions when you don't know all the details.

I know how to use a digital console, I've been using Yamaha and Avid for years and never had any fader failure and have seen 3 in less than a year in X32s (that's including the loaner we had). And I know to only push one fader when using linked pairs and so does anyone else whose not completely new to digital consoles.

Your response is especially irritating considering I never got into the specifics of the other failures, not all of which were fader related. Was it my fault that on monitor duty the X32 started randomly sending ALL channels to ALL busses to full output? Just because you, and probably the majority of other X32 owners have not had issues with it, does not make my experience moot.

And again, just to be clear: I really, really like the X32. I just wish I haven't had to send all of them in for repair that's all.

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »

I meant no disrespect.  Your post said (or at the very least implied) that you've sent three out of three consoles back for repair for fader issues.  We can only respond to the information we are provided.
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

James A. Griffin

« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2013, 01:36:24 PM »

I meant no disrespect.  Your post said (or at the very least implied) that you've sent three out of three consoles back for repair for fader issues.  We can only respond to the information we are provided.

If you're only responding to the information provided, you can't have concluded that the operator was at fault.  He might be, but you don't know that.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »

I'm a fader jockey as a volunteer.  My day job is a mechanical designer.  What you describe is unacceptable and unnecessary  We just don't design things that are designed to be touched and can be broken by touching them wrong.  Hitting with a hammer yes, pushing with fingers no.

Pushing a motorized fader while it is being driven should not cause any problem, If it does it is a design problem. 

BTW I use a couple of OLD CM labs Motormixers and have them set up for volunteers to mix with at church.  No problems with those faders ever.

Not to Code

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2013, 06:20:04 PM »

If you're only responding to the information provided, you can't have concluded that the operator was at fault.  He might be, but you don't know that.

Really!  That did seem to be a strange and somewhat defensive response to someone with a legitimate problem.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:44:45 PM by Chuck Simon »

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »

What you describe is unacceptable and unnecessary  We just don't design things that are designed to be touched and can be broken by touching them wrong.  Hitting with a hammer yes, pushing with fingers no.

Pushing a motorized fader while it is being driven should not cause any problem, If it does it is a design problem.

Big +1 on this. Many times on my Venue I'll accidentally block a fader when switching layers. If that actually caused the fader to fail, that would be a massive shortcoming of design. Nothing that mission critical should be so susceptible to damage. Is that really the case with the X32 faders?
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.