ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How would you rate the reliability of the X32 console?  What about the X32+S16?

Console: Zero problems.
- 36 (42.4%)
Console: a small issue, no deal breakers; it has been or soon will be resolved.
- 15 (17.6%)
Console: multiple issues or an issue that has caused me not to trust this console.
- 6 (7.1%)
Console+S16: zero problems.
- 17 (20%)
Console+S16: a small issue, no deal breakers; it has been or soon will be resolved.
- 6 (7.1%)
Console+S16: multiple issues or an issue that has caused me not to trust this console/snake arrangement.
- 5 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?  (Read 68096 times)

Henry Moreau

Re: Poll: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 12:05:32 AM »

Neither Rob.
I was referring to the total amount of defective consoles upon product release.
♫♪♫ ☼ LIVE FREE OR DIE ☼ ♫♪♫

James A. Griffin

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 12:08:21 AM »

Neither Rob.
I was referring to the total amount of defective consoles upon product release.

You have  statistics from every manufacturer?
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 12:43:44 AM »

Even though 8 of the 14 (57%) report ZERO ISSUES, it looks as if only 19% had Zero Issues.   Is there a way to re-calibrate the reporting?

I wanted to differentiate between problems with the console alone and problems with the combination of stage box + console since that may affect my future purchasing decisions.  The total "no problems" percentage can quickly be calculated.  As of this post, it's 30/42 (71%).  I'm sure someone skilled in statistics could run the numbers and give us all manner of ways to look at the results.  I'm not even sure what a statistically significant sample size would be, nor am I certain that the results are not skewed toward the "problem" answers since many users may come to the PSW forums looking for a resolution to a problem who would have no reason to visit otherwise.  The poll is just an attempt to get the users with no problems to weigh in and be counted alongside the many complaints I was reading.

Thanks to everyone who has participated in the poll.  Keep it up.

There's no doubt that the console has had an impact on the bottom end of the industry.  I just wish it didn't say Behringer as I've sworn in the past to never buy anything with that name again.  I'd give at least another $500 if they'd take that name off of it and just put Midas.

Henry Moreau

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 12:55:16 AM »

You have  statistics from every manufacturer?

Nooooo. That would take up some time to provide.

But if your in the pro biz and have been on all the forums out there reading about this stuff. Mainly glitches through out the years from all manufactures.

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2013, 01:20:19 AM »

Nooooo. That would take up some time to provide.

But if your in the pro biz and have been on all the forums out there reading about this stuff. Mainly glitches through out the years from all manufactures.

Tell us about the "pro biz".  What's the nature of your biz?

This should take less time to provide than some statistics to back up your claim. 
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2013, 01:32:27 AM »

Not surprising that we have the same haters of the X32 here as in other threads (and they don't even own one!)
Don't really wanna be the bearer of bad news guys but the pro audio world has been turned upside down and it's time for the old dogs to move aside if they can't keep up with the rising tide of technology.

So far out of the gate the X32 has out performed all other digital console to date PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Can we make it known that most X32 owners aren't quite so willing to spew hyperbole?

It's a good product, it's also an economy product. How that distinction sits is going to vary person to person based on their intended use of the product. I don't fault any of the haters, but I'll happily keep making money with ours until the day we can afford to step up to the "next level".
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2013, 02:04:45 AM »

Can we make it known that most X32 owners aren't quite so willing to spew hyperbole?

It's a good product, it's also an economy product. How that distinction sits is going to vary person to person based on their intended use of the product. I don't fault any of the haters, but I'll happily keep making money with ours until the day we can afford to step up to the "next level".

Good plan ;-)
It's got electrolytes. 

Henry Moreau

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2013, 02:14:49 AM »

Tell us about the "pro biz".  What's the nature of your biz?

This should take less time to provide than some statistics to back up your claim.

Hoy boy.
Am not about to throw my IATSE number up as a shield and hide behind it.
I'll just step back from this so the moderators and administrators can stop pouncing.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Doug Fowler

• Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2013, 02:32:40 AM »

Hoy boy.
I'll just step back from this so the moderators and administrators can stop pouncing.

One of the things the mods and admins do is call bull shit when trolls pass by with unsubstantiated claims about massive console failures.  You should be ashamed of yourself. 

Hopefully the Behringer admins have noticed you have been trolling on their forums as well, using a pseudonym in clear violation of their forum rules.  We'll see if they ban the fanboy using a fake name on their turf. 

**** poof ****

It's got electrolytes. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2013, 10:18:16 AM »

Hoy boy.

Now you're being an asshole.  You come here and make wild claims about gear that I now believe you've never owned, used, or touched (except to schlep as a local, non union hand).

Today you claim that Mac, myself and others hide behind our union affiliation.  Bullshit.  You know even less about trade unionism and the IATSE than you do about consoles.  If you're an IA member you need to rethink the concept of "shield"...

You don't need to step back.  That decision will be made for you and I expect your ban to come in short order.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:50:37 AM by Tim McCulloch »
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2013, 10:18:16 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.