ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How would you rate the reliability of the X32 console?  What about the X32+S16?

Console: Zero problems.
- 36 (42.4%)
Console: a small issue, no deal breakers; it has been or soon will be resolved.
- 15 (17.6%)
Console: multiple issues or an issue that has caused me not to trust this console.
- 6 (7.1%)
Console+S16: zero problems.
- 17 (20%)
Console+S16: a small issue, no deal breakers; it has been or soon will be resolved.
- 6 (7.1%)
Console+S16: multiple issues or an issue that has caused me not to trust this console/snake arrangement.
- 5 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?  (Read 68095 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 09:48:59 AM »

Exactly!

I read or hear about X32 issues every day. It crackles when I do this, channels won't respond, stage box sucks, yada, yada, yada. It doesn't matter if many people fell they won't be effected a second time, or that maybe "It was just this combination.". Owning anything that may or may not work under a specific set of circumstances makes no sense at all. And what was the outcome of the stage box issues? Swept under the rug I'll bet. Too many people are blinded by the lights, get all reved up, then find out it's a douche.

"Blinded by the light/wrapped up like a deuce/another runner in the night"
     -B Springsteen/Manfred Mann's Earth Band (responsible for the "douche" mis-quote)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
Re: Poll: For Behringer X32 users: How reliable is your console?
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 10:37:43 AM »

FYI for anyone looking at this on your phone; the actual poll doesn't show up in Tapatalk. I just realized there was something to vote on when I pulled this up on my computer. :)

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 11:02:44 AM »

I don't need a poll to advise me to be cautious about early adoption of a value product that promises so much for so little.

If we accept the sales figures that have been bragged about it is not shocking to see reports of random issues. This poll needs to reflect quite a few customers to be representative. Unhappy customers are always easier to find and more vocal than happy customers.

Include me in the group who would love to see Behringer stumble and fail with this product but that hasn't happened (IMO). While it's safe to say these won't be immediately embraced for ultra high reliability, "show must go on" applications. At least not until they have worked out the bugs and proved themselves in the market for some time duration (just like any other new product).

I suspect these have earned their place in the food chain and competition does not offer an obvious substitute (yet), so lets hope any open issues get resolved and become history. FWIW I'm still waiting for a competitive response. 

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 02:23:52 PM »

Tim, -
I know the words.

John,
Flashy car that Edsel, don't ya think?

I don't actually care about the product one way or the other, and the new breed of "sound people" will except it almost blindly for a number of reasons, the first being "features", the second being cost, and all without the full history of the company and it's competitors. I call this perceived blind value.

It like Helen Keller get's cold, feels a fur blanket, and wraps it around herself only to find out it's a grissly bear.

I don't have a dog in this fight so I'm pretty much done. My idea of value in a digital board. The company that takes a well excepted and reliable board, with proven technology and outboard expansion selling for upwards 10K and reduces the selling price by two thirds or more. That would be a company who has recovered their development costs on previous models and sells their latest conception of that already proven technology for a price without the development costs built in.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »

John,
Flashy car that Edsel, don't ya think?
Not quite the car analogy that comes to mind...  More like the Yugo but that's a little too harsh.  ::)
I don't actually care about the product one way or the other, and the new breed of "sound people" will except it almost blindly for a number of reasons, the first being "features", the second being cost, and all without the full history of the company and it's competitors. I call this perceived blind value.
Perceived value is in the mind of the customer... I see these going the way of personal computers, where people tolerate less robustness for lower price.
It like Helen Keller get's cold, feels a fur blanket, and wraps it around herself only to find out it's a grissly bear.

I don't have a dog in this fight so I'm pretty much done. My idea of value in a digital board. The company that takes a well excepted and reliable board, with proven technology and outboard expansion selling for upwards 10K and reduces the selling price by two thirds or more. That would be a company who has recovered their development costs on previous models and sells their latest conception of that already proven technology for a price without the development costs built in.
For their several flaws the X32 is still a remarkable engineering achievement, ASSuming they don't all turn into pumpkins once out of warranty. It was a huge undertaking more successful than not.

This continual downward spiral of cost for entry level sound gear must be disruptive to all the bottom feeders who are now getting under bid by newer comers.  8)

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 05:14:37 PM »

This continual downward spiral of cost for entry level sound gear must be disruptive to all the bottom feeders who are now getting under bid by newer comers.  8)

JR

If nothing else, there is that.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Scott Bolt

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 08:51:15 PM »

I don't own one yet (waiting on the X32 Rack), but I have read every post on any thread I could find on the subject.

1 year ago, the thought of purchasing any piece of equipment with the word "Behringer" on it for more than 4 figures would have had me laughing .... or staring at the person suggesting it with the "are you serious?" look on my face.

Behringer now claims more than 40,000 X32's have been sold.  Considering this volume, it is surprising how few people complain about the X32 on any public forum.

What is even more surprising is how quickly any complaint is dealt with by Behringer .... often with a personal and direct contact on the forum.

I am really glad you posted this poll.  It is interesting to see the results and very informative to all forum members.

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 10:11:07 PM »

I have been considering purchasing a Behringer X32 console and possibly a rack unit and S16 stage boxes.  I have read through all of the posts reporting problems with the board which make me question whether or not the X32 is the right choice.  I'd like to get an idea whether the problems reported are common or whether they represent a small minority of X32 users.  Often problems provoke users to write forum posts whereas reliability does not.  If you're an X32 user, please give some feedback about your experiences.  Please limit your answer to actual product defects, not "problems" figuring out how to do something or "issues" with a design decision you don't like.

If you're using the S16 also, please vote using the 2nd set of options.

Non-X32 users: I'm not looking for advice on alternatives.

**I noticed that the Tapatalk app does not show the actual poll.  If you remember, get on a web browser and participate in the poll.  Otherwise I guess comments will suffice.

No issues after about 10 months of use, if it died tomorrow it has probably already paid for itself and made us money, but I'm not in the least bit worried that may happen.

The GB2-24 is probably getting lonely sitting in the back corner of the shop though, might dig it out for a few jobs before the summer is up.

Edit: Worth mentioning that we carry Behringer product on the retail side of our operation as well.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:49:07 AM by Spenser Hamilton »
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Scott (Abrahamson)

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 11:41:30 PM »

I have had mine for almost a year now and couldn't be happier.

I have owned several pieces of B gear over the years with mixed results, so I am not exactly a fan boy, but this thing has been great.

I use an iPad to mix with and it works great, and in several ways is easier to use than the console. And the range with an inexpensive router is usually much better than 100 yards.

I can't imagine going back to a snake and foh set up. If I had to go back to my Crest XR20 and analog processing I would be truly dismayed.

Rufus G. Crowder

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 12:32:48 AM »

I have had mine for almost a year now and couldn't be happier.

I have owned several pieces of B gear over the years with mixed results, so I am not exactly a fan boy, but this thing has been great.

I use an iPad to mix with and it works great, and in several ways is easier to use than the console. And the range with an inexpensive router is usually much better than 100 yards.

I can't imagine going back to a snake and foh set up. If I had to go back to my Crest XR20 and analog processing I would be truly dismayed.
+1... I love my X32 and S16 Stage Boxes so much, I recommended the same set-up for my church (installed the same with no issues...).  The iPad FOH mixing and iPhone mixing for monitors for the cost was a no brainer for me and I thought that I would never by Behringer gear!  One piece of Duracat for a snake that you can carry with one finger versus a 32 channel Whirlwind...psh!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 12:32:48 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.