ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DL1608/ iPad 1  (Read 5297 times)

Dan Klotz

DL1608/ iPad 1
« on: October 24, 2013, 02:00:52 AM »

I'm using an iPad 1 with the DL1608. It seems to lose connection a lot, even when docked. Has anyone else had this issue?

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: DL1608/ iPad 1
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 10:13:15 AM »

I'm using an iPad 1 with the DL1608. It seems to lose connection a lot, even when docked. Has anyone else had this issue?

Are all other apps that can use the networking connection turned off?  With many of the various iPad console control apps allowing email, Safari, etc. to poll will result in dropped connections.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 05:00:52 PM »

Are all other apps that can use the networking connection turned off?  With many of the various iPad console control apps allowing email, Safari, etc. to poll will result in dropped connections.

Lee

Except that doesn't explain it losing connection when docked. I have 4 iPad 1's at my work still and we have intermittent issues with them doing much more than even check in, and credit card processing. I've retired them from Crestron/wireless mixing control.

Being that they can only go up to iOS5 I attribute that to the problems I'm experiencing. I don't really expect software developers to maintain their software to work on 3 different iOS versions, as I know how difficult it is with desktop programs.
-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 06:01:12 PM »

Except that doesn't explain it losing connection when docked.

Yes, it actually may.
I have not tried it with the Mackie but I can state for a fact, having done it many times that even docked the Roland console will lose connection with the email polling and/or Safari open.  I have not tested to see if this will happen even if airport is turned off, I just make sure to have all apps actually closed when running any console control app.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Evan Hunter

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 06:04:37 PM »

Dan, Your losing connection? It seemed very solid last time I used it. Give me a shout, I will bring my Ipad again this weekend and we will compare.
Evan F. Hunter
Cleveland Ohio, Houston Texas
EFHunter4419 (at) G Mail. Com
https://www.facebook.com/FosterSound
EV QRX, JBL SRX, Turbosound Milan, Soundcraft Expression, Soundcraft Vi1

Dan Klotz

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 09:27:55 PM »

Dan, Your losing connection? It seemed very solid last time I used it. Give me a shout, I will bring my Ipad again this weekend and we will compare.

Evan,
 Brandon said that it kept losing connection at a gig Wednesday night. I dont know how many times exactly. I noticed it myself when we ere on break one night.  We were playing break music from the ipad (docked) and I went over to adjust the fader and it wasn't connected. That happened at least twice that I can recall.

Lee- I can't say for sure if the other apps were all closed. I'll double check before the next gig.

Thanks for all of the advice.

Dan Richardson

• southern Vermont
    • NotTooLoud
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 11:39:51 PM »

A number of us are seeing this since the 1.4.3 update of Master Fader. Reverting to 1.4.1 and forcing the firmware overwrite in the board seems to be a workaround.
The best sound system is no sound system. Everything else is compromise.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 11:39:51 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.