ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I know it says Behringer, but this was pretty cool....  (Read 7664 times)

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
Re: I know it says Behringer, but this was pretty cool....
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, 05:21:42 PM »

I did a setup the night before a gig once for an outdoor event. I had a 12 channel self powered Behringer mixer placed on top of my amp racks that were under the stage. It was going to be used as a side fill and center fill mixer/amplifier. Well the city " forgot " to turn off the sprinkler system that night. Needless to say my entire PA was given a free midnight bath compliments of the city. Even the stuff under the stage wasn't safe. There was a rather nice number of expletives coming from me the next morning........

I took a rather large chance knowing that the power amps would be fine ( they didn't get any water shot straight in ) in hopes the little mixer that could would fire up! Well it did and was happy to do it's duty!!!!! The only thing that gave me an issue that day was my saturated Stage snakes. They were rumbling, crackling and burping for a couple hours until they dried out. Luckily all was fine by show time, but what a scare.

Conversely I was caught by a surprise rain storm in the Bahamas ( not really : ) ) for a gig I was doing outdoors at the ocean club. The A&H ZED mixer was only caght by a little runoff water from the nearby tree. Needless to say I should have left it on. I turned it off and it never did come back to life. It fried the power supply. It goes to show that sometimes the non-modular designs with the boards having the bulk of sensitive parts not facing in the direction of potential water introduction, may actually withstand the elements a little better.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, 07:45:36 PM »

I wouldn't power on any electrical device that hasn't had a chance to dry out. Not because the device would be damaged, but because I might be.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 08:25:15 PM »

35 years ago it was common for many HAMs to build their own gear, and most of the people I know built their own linear amplifiers. My last linear was 2KW key down and the power supply weighed in at over 100 lbs. Needless to say I kept in on the floor. My wife had a cocker spaniel that pissed everywhere which eventually killed it when it pissed on the 3750V 2amp power supply. Good night Trixie, and that's what's known as a silent key.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2013, 08:25:15 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.