ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: X32 anomalies as noted in other post.  (Read 16712 times)

John Sabine

Re: X32 anomalies as noted in other post.
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 09:39:09 PM »

WOW!!!! Not only was this post made but it was sent to my private messages! Cudos to Music Group for being the only company that has ever contacted me without my contacting them first :)

On the subject of the X32. I've updated the firmware of the console and the ipad and and done 3 gigs with it with no more incidents at all. Even sold one to the artist I ran sound for last week. Now that I'm finally getting fit again after my motorcycle crash I'm looking forward to really getting some miles under my belt with the X32.
"I think it needs more barn"

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 10:36:50 PM »

Deleted!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 10:47:08 PM by Chuck Simon »

Loren Aguey

• New York City
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 11:31:15 PM »

I have to assume that the vast majority of X32 fans are people that never used another digital board.  I can't image anyone preferring the layout to something like a Soundcraft or even the Presonus, for example....[SNIP]...I have to wonder how many of you X32 fans have actually compared it to other digital boards in live, real world experience?

So because you don't like the layout you automatically assume anyone who does is a newb whose never used any other digital desk before? I don't follow your logic at all. Especially when you prefer the Presonus consoles which actually ARE toys if you compare the feature set and functionality to the X32.

Why would anyone want 16 faders dedicated to outputs and only 16 input faders per layer?  How often do you ride the output faders? 

I assume you mean 8 output faders and 16 for inputs, which is what the X32 has. And I dunno, maybe you only ever mix on the likes of M7's, 5D's, Profiles, D-Shows etc...but that is hardly a rare fader layout for a digital console.

Will you bash an SC48 or a Pro2 for the exact same layout? Dedicated output layers are great for those of us who use DCA's and groups to mix.

And as to some things that at least one person with plenty of time on much more expensive consoles likes about the X32:

-Sends on Fader that allows input to be selected to give you all your sends for that one input on a fader. Example. "Who wants backing tracks in their mix?" "We all needs tracks in our mix" Select the tracks while in 'sends on faders' and push up mix faders on that "silly" output layer that you're not a fan of, and feed tracks to everyone on stage without having to switch layers for each mix.

-Easy on the eyes scribble strips

-View button on channel strip section that is a quick way for an enlarged view of whatever it is your working on

-Very quick DCA assign method

-The 12 custom assignable encoders are awesome, in addition to 24 UDK's

-Very easy to setup multi-track recording with USB and firewire drivers that barely even touch the CPU when doing all 32 tracks. (getting an Avid console to record into Pro Tools is not nearly as quick or painless)

-Fantastic ipad app that offers about 95% functionality of the full console.

To name a few.

A couple things I don't like:

-No EQ on FX returns

-The way they pair the mono graphic EQ's in a way that you can't setup a UDK that jumps straight to each EQ, yet makes you jump to a pair of graphics and push another button to get to the second one.

-USB playback only plays WAV files-(however the fact that it has USP playback and record is a great feature in and of itself)

Fairly minor gripes considering the price point of the console.

You certainly don't have to like it, and of course their are better consoles. But forgive me for being mildly annoyed by anyone who thinks someone with a different opinion about a product is somehow less experienced/knowledgeable.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 12:17:09 AM »

AVID/Digidesign SC48 has 16 inputs per layer and 8 output/master faders.  Midas Pro2 is the same.

You have a problem, Chuck?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 12:18:31 AM »

AVID/Digidesign SC48 has 16 inputs per layer and 8 output/master faders.  Midas Pro2 is the same.

You have a problem, Chuck?

Not even the edit button can save ya now Chuck!  :P

<insert X32 fanboi rage here>
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2013, 12:22:02 AM »

Not even the edit button can save ya now Chuck!  :P

<insert X32 fanboi rage here>

We took an X32 on a date... too soon to say if there will be a honeymoon...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 12:28:14 AM »

You finally took a test drive?

I knew you had previously stated you were waiting to see how the quality panned out. I approached ours with cautious ambition and coming in on the year mark I'm happy, we'll be keeping it until we can feasibly afford one of "the big boys".

Interested in your insight Tim.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 03:57:51 AM »

Hey Tim!

I hope you enjoy it and it serves well.

Would like to chime in that we have had our X32 belt it out in some very harsh conditions, including excessive condensation, heat and dust. And it works sweet. Still.

You might find small irritants such as sticky buttons etc, which we overlook. And are mostly due to loose/poor seated screws.

Regards,
Sidhu
My RTA is always flat.

kel mcguire

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 01:49:56 PM »

. Especially when you prefer the Presonus consoles which actually ARE toys if you compare the feature set and functionality to the X32.

Toys?

Loren Aguey

• New York City
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2013, 02:01:43 PM »

Toys?

Looks like he deleted his post but he said the X32 looks like a toy, in the same post showing preference to the presonus consoles. I have nothing against the Presonus stuff, just commenting on how in terms of feature set and functionality their not in the same league as the X32.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2013, 02:01:43 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.