ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4xKF940 with 4xSLS960...what this can do?  (Read 6285 times)

Danijel Foler

4xKF940 with 4xSLS960...what this can do?
« on: August 04, 2013, 10:16:08 AM »

hello
4x EAW KF940 + 4x Community SLS960, amps have 2x RMS per box. Which audience I can cover indoor/outdoor with this setup? Dj playback trance/techno/house.

thanks

Mark McFarlane

Re: 4xKF940 with 4xSLS960...what this can do?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:31:52 AM »

hello
4x EAW KF940 + 4x Community SLS960, amps have 2x RMS per box. Which audience I can cover indoor/outdoor with this setup? Dj playback trance/techno/house.

thanks

Hi Danijel, there is a DJ forum particularly for these kind of questions.
Mark McFarlane

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:39:21 AM »

hello

thanks

Anywhere from 100,000 to 100.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 12:38:02 PM »

hello

thanks
If the people get REAL close ot each other-you might can "cover" 2 people with one cabinet-but their arms might get a little bit wet.

If you are asking how many people could attend the event and hear sound-then that requires A LOT more information.

Such as 'How loud do you consider to be "heard".  Is it producing 100dB?  What weighting and time response are we talking about.  The same speaker can end up with about a 30dB difference in level at the same seat-depending on how you measure it.

So if you goal is 100dB (whatever rating you want), then is 97 not acceptable?  I guess 90dB would be completely out of the question and considered to be "not heard"?  But 90dB is plenty for a lot of people.

How close are the people?  Are they jammed in tight? or spread out over a large area?  The loudspeaker could care less about how many people are there-it just produces sound over an area-whether there are 2 or 10,000 people in that area.

How wide of a coverage area are we talking?  Is it deep? or very wide?  The coverage pattern of the loudspeakers will make a HUGE difference in each case.

So as you can see- it is not a question that is easily answered-so I will stick with my original answer- 2 (if they aren't to large) people per cabinet max.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Danijel Foler

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 05:20:18 AM »

ups, my mistake, no needed info...
Places for this setup is small to medium clubs (capacity 300 to 2000) and open spaces like private yard around house, weddings, partys on public park...Coverage is to 150 degree. For dB/spl I dont have figure but must be higher. In open space people can go close or further from system and in this way everyone "adjust volume" for himself. But in the club I want clean high spl without distortion.  My speakers and amps never go into clip. In all spaces I want that people can feel the bit on his body.
My setup is always in cluster, subs on ground, tops on subs.
I hear Martin Audio ws218x subs and this work fantastic but I think that kf940 is much more powerfull.

Some pictures and video for places:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCgRv5pQhIU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8cmIF_Ft8k

James Feenstra

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 11:19:20 AM »

I'd say one box (it doesn't matter which one, they're both about the same size) would cover one person, but their arms and legs might be sticking out a bit, so to be safe I'd use two boxes per....
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Tony Mitchell

• Event PA Hire
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 04:35:53 PM »

In all spaces I want that people can feel the bit on his body.

In what way is that relevant to your question of coverage?
What sort of clubs are you talking about?
 ;D  :D

Ryan Fontenot

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 10:09:58 PM »

Hi, it is possible that this could reach 2000 people if done correctly.  What is the model number of your amplifiers?

Here are the spec sheets on your speakers and once we get the amp make and model we can determine if this would meet your requirements.

http://www.communitypro.com/files/literature/spec%20sheets/SLS960_SPEC.pdf

http://valy.1ka.eu/DIY/soundsystem/_upload_by_VeeHell/ftp.eav.com/Datasheets/2PageDatasheets/KF940.pdf

Thanks,
Ryan

hello

thanks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 10:09:58 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.