ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions on Stadium Installation - Check my Math  (Read 7118 times)

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
Re: Opinions on Stadium Installation - Check my Math
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 01:46:49 PM »

Ivan, these DSL stadium install videos are mind blowing. I've gotta see(hear) one in person someday.
Yeah, they are pretty cool.

I had the opportunity to spend a little time at the Michigan State Spartan Stadium installation since it uses the MediaMatrix products along with the Danley and Lab.gruppen products. I've never heard anything like that in a stadium. It really is amazingly great on the far end of the field.

There really isn't anything else that can touch the Danley products when it comes to full bandwidth audio at long distances.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Tom Danley

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 12:44:30 PM »

Yeah, they are pretty cool.

I had the opportunity to spend a little time at the Michigan State Spartan Stadium installation since it uses the MediaMatrix products along with the Danley and Lab.gruppen products. I've never heard anything like that in a stadium. It really is amazingly great on the far end of the field.

There really isn't anything else that can touch the Danley products when it comes to full bandwidth audio at long distances.

Hi  Josh
Hey thanks, hearing these large stadium systems has been a lot of fun for me too!   
I was at the system commissioning and was pleased how  powerful it was and especially how it sounded, NOTHING at all like a concert sound array, real hifi.   

A cool part about constant directivity single point sources is that they sound the same at 10 feet or 100 feet or even 700 feet, only the hf is a bit rolled off from air absorption.  By using the radiation lobe and mounting height, the SPL only varied about 3dB throughout the stadium too.

Here are a couple videos I shot while there, like the others, use headphones.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6lahzvv2l61fi3j/BAGq5sRR1G
Best,
Tom Danley
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 01:15:58 PM by Tom Danley »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 12:51:07 PM »

Personally I like it MUCH better when you only hear the sound once.

You can say that again!!!
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 12:51:07 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.