ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: EDM Install suggestions  (Read 12273 times)

Cailen Waddell

Re: EDM Install suggestions
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2013, 01:48:21 pm »

There's a reason you don't see a lot on the used-people don't want to get rid of them-------------------------

We have them Danley in two, soon to be three of our venues, and I'm working on the fourth today, and have plans for the fifth.  Can't imagine what could come out that would make me want to take them out or replace them.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2013, 02:02:24 pm »

Not quite sure why we keep going over the same things.
Josh, I think that we keep going over the same things because for some reason you seem to be avoiding direct answers to what seem to be pretty direct questions.  Without sufficient information on the existing system along with things like the size of the room, where speakers can be located, the specific goals and so on and especially without having heard the existing system it is difficult to offer much of a response regarding what could replace and improve what currently exists.

Along with some of the comments already noted an issue I have with used equipment in some situations is that you have no control over what is available at any specific point in time.  If you need to get this work done within a certain timeframe then the hardware options avilable to you are going to be limited to what equipment is available to meet that schedule rather than what you would like to be available.

I think that perhaps the underlying issue here is that you pretty obviously have a budget that was defined by something other than a proposed solution and thus you may not be able to reconcile that budget with what you would like to do.  In that case you may have to decide the priorities and where compromises can occur.  You may not like the sound of the Floodlights and I respect your opinion, however I think that to others that seems to be a rather obvious area to potentially compromise.  At the same time, I think those responding are probably hesitant to potentially compromise on the existing amplification and processing without knowing what exists and some confirmation of that indeed being a reasonable compromise.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2013, 05:13:10 pm »

Josh, I think that we keep going over the same things because for some reason you seem to be avoiding direct answers to what seem to be pretty direct questions.  Without sufficient information on the existing system along with things like the size of the room, where speakers can be located, the specific goals and so on and especially without having heard the existing system it is difficult to offer much of a response regarding what could replace and improve what currently exists.

Along with some of the comments already noted an issue I have with used equipment in some situations is that you have no control over what is available at any specific point in time.  If you need to get this work done within a certain timeframe then the hardware options avilable to you are going to be limited to what equipment is available to meet that schedule rather than what you would like to be available.

I think that perhaps the underlying issue here is that you pretty obviously have a budget that was defined by something other than a proposed solution and thus you may not be able to reconcile that budget with what you would like to do.  In that case you may have to decide the priorities and where compromises can occur.  You may not like the sound of the Floodlights and I respect your opinion, however I think that to others that seems to be a rather obvious area to potentially compromise.  At the same time, I think those responding are probably hesitant to potentially compromise on the existing amplification and processing without knowing what exists and some confirmation of that indeed being a reasonable compromise.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2013, 07:04:02 pm »

Bingo, +1, right on Brother!
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Sean Hennessey

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2013, 08:27:24 pm »

Plus one from the newb along for the ride  8)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2013, 08:27:24 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.