ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: yet another x32 question  (Read 17802 times)

Stan Shields

yet another x32 question
« on: July 26, 2013, 12:08:42 PM »

Sorry if this has been covered before but huge number of posts on this mixer makes searching tough...
At the "end" of the channel strip section there are switches and encoders for the stereo buss and mono buss.
How does the stereo buss encoder interact with the channel fader? In other words, doesn't the channel fader control the selected channel's feed to the LR stereo buss? Do I need to select the stereo buss and adjust its encoder in the channel strip section in order for the selected channel to show up in the LR stereo buss?
I haven't put my hands on an X32 yet and I haven't been able to see how this works from any of the youtube demos, etc.

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
Re: yet another x32 question
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 12:15:16 PM »

I believe adjusting that encoder will also adjust the fader. If I remember correctly from when I mixed with one on Wednesday, I'll double check next time I'm behind it.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 12:18:56 PM »

Sorry if this has been covered before but huge number of posts on this mixer makes searching tough...
At the "end" of the channel strip section there are switches and encoders for the stereo buss and mono buss.
How does the stereo buss encoder interact with the channel fader? In other words, doesn't the channel fader control the selected channel's feed to the LR stereo buss? Do I need to select the stereo buss and adjust its encoder in the channel strip section in order for the selected channel to show up in the LR stereo buss?
I haven't put my hands on an X32 yet and I haven't been able to see how this works from any of the youtube demos, etc.

If you're talking about the encoder and switches next to the LCD screen, the LR encoder is the pan pot, and the mono buss encoder is the send to mono. The switches determine if the signal is routed to those busses or not.

Jared Koopman

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 12:29:59 PM »

If you're talking about the encoder and switches next to the LCD screen, the LR encoder is the pan pot, and the mono buss encoder is the send to mono. The switches determine if the signal is routed to those busses or not.

Dan is correct.

Stan Shields

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 01:54:52 PM »

Dan is correct.

My mistake, when I read the label over the top encoder, it says "main bus", I see it correctly now. Thanks for the inputs:-)

Stan Shields

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »

Dan is correct.

I know this has been beaten to death so I apologize in advance, would you buy the x32 or a LS9? I'm as interested in sound quality as I am the interface.

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 05:16:57 PM »

The X32 is a lot cheaper. Although I don't like all the issues I'm hearing from other people, and experiencing myself, with the S16s. Haven't heard any issues with the board itself, nor have I experienced any so far.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 05:43:17 PM »

I know this has been beaten to death so I apologize in advance, would you buy the x32 or a LS9? I'm as interested in sound quality as I am the interface.

Neither.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Jared Koopman

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 06:07:38 PM »

It really depends on what you are wanting to do and what is important to you. For me if its simply a choice between the two not counting any other factors I would choose the X32. I have not had any of the problems that others have had with the X32 and S16's so from my point of view it is an excellent system for that price range.

If I was shopping now for a small digital mixer I would be looking at the Soundcraft Expression and A&H Qu16 in additiona to the X32. But again, just depends on what I needed it to do and available budget.

Dan Mortensen

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 01:43:28 AM »

I can't tell you what to do, but I think the X32 sound quality is fantastic through my Meyer, Ramsa, Radian Microwedge, and Bag End systems. The consoles have issues and challenges, mostly minor IMO, but everything that exists in the real world has some issue or another. They also have some extraordinary and useful features.

The wild card is how well they will hold up over time, but, again IMO, they are cheap enough that if you have to buy a new one every few years you will be no worse off than if you bought a more expensive one that has the same or fewer features and replace it every few +1 or 2 years. And what's life without a gamble? Also, it's a computer, and subject to a computer's useful lifespan rather than an analog console's lifespan. There will always be a newer, cooler computer coming out, and we need to keep up.

IMHO.

YMMV.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 01:43:28 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.