ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member, checking things out.  (Read 15727 times)

Jared Koopman

Re: New Member, checking things out.
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 06:44:25 PM »

If you are the primary operator and using it all the time it really is quite simple to operate. But the presonus seams to work for you for now so stick with that.

James A. Griffin

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2013, 07:00:43 PM »

I'm still not a fan of the X32.  1. It has the Behringer name, still don't trust it.  2. The processing layout is too complicated to figure out, and everything is done by the screen.  For a bar band that uses it remotely, I can see it working great.  But for dedicated FOH use, I just think it would be too much of a hassle for me.

I've owned Presonus & X32.   The X32 is by far easier to use, at least for me.

BTW:  On all digital and analog boards, "everything is done by knobs".   The screens on digital boards help you see what you're doing, and by that measure alone, the X32 smokes the SL with larger, higher resolution screens giving much more information and detail simultaneously.

Ya might be interested in reviewing the comments on the thread of the shootout we did about a year ago with the SL, X32, and LS9.      http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,139651.0.html

That being said, go with the one you like best.   I'm just saying there is a lot to like about the X32 compared with other mixers in the price range.
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

James A. Griffin

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 07:07:03 PM »

And if you've not read enough,  Geri O's comments on the shootout are worth a look.

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/topic,139676.0.html
I need to determine where in this swamp of unbalanced formulas squatteth the Toad of Truth

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2013, 07:07:19 PM »

The screens on digital boards help you see what you're doing, and by that measure alone, the X32 smokes the SL with larger, higher resolution screens giving much more information and detail simultaneously.

Except for the fact that the only "screen" the SLive has is when you use a laptop/firewire connection and run VSL.  At that point the screen is as big or bigger than the X32, depending on the size of the computer screen.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

James A. Griffin

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2013, 07:18:16 PM »

Except for the fact that the only "screen" the SLive has is when you use a laptop/firewire connection and run VSL.  At that point the screen is as big or bigger than the X32, depending on the size of the computer screen.

Dick, there's a small monochrome OCD readout at the top right which you may have overlooked..... or maybe you're just reluctant to call it a  "screen".         Point taken    8)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2013, 07:23:18 PM »

Dick, there's a small monochrome OCD readout at the top right which you may have overlooked..... or maybe you're just reluctant to call it a  "screen".         Point taken    8)

That only shows the menus.  The "screen" showing the various functions such as gates, comps, etc, is contained in the VSL...along with the SMAART function which I find very useful to be able to access when running monitors from FOH.

FYI, I'll be keeping my SLive 24 after I take possession of the Qu-16 I've got on order.   

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2013, 07:32:52 PM »

I'm still not a fan of the X32.  1. It has the Behringer name, still don't trust it.  2. The processing layout is too complicated to figure out, and everything is done by the screen.  For a bar band that uses it remotely, I can see it working great.  But for dedicated FOH use, I just think it would be too much of a hassle for me.
I've mixed some, not a lot, on the x32 and find it to be easy to use; the "complicated processing" doesn't have to be complicated although it can be if you need it to be. The ability to "soft patch" channels is great as are the DCAs; it also has more effects "slots"(8 vs. 4) than the PreSonus or the Soundcraft options. 98% of my mixing to date has been analog and with a skim of the manual I had no problem figuring out how to mix on it, soft patch channels, change the effects, etc... Also they have smaller versions of the x32 coming out "soon" that still have the same mix engine and channel count as the full size one that's currently on the market; I'm hoping to get one of those(probably the Compact + S16) for my band someday. Also another excellent reason to get an x32 or Soundcraft board is the ability to use a digital snake system(although it appears that PreSonus may be offering a Dante card for their new 32.4.2).

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2013, 07:57:21 PM »

That only shows the menus.  The "screen" showing the various functions such as gates, comps, etc, is contained in the VSL...along with the SMAART function which I find very useful to be able to access when running monitors from FOH.

FYI, I'll be keeping my SLive 24 after I take possession of the Qu-16 I've got on order.   

For what reasons did you choose the A&H dick?
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2013, 08:01:56 PM »

For what reasons did you choose the A&H dick?

I need a 16 channel console after selling my Slive 16 and my MixWiz 16:2dx.  I'm keeping my Wiz 14:4:2, the SLive 24 and the Venice 320.

But the feature that I really was coveting is input delay on every channel.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 08:05:35 PM »

Awesome, only two posts in and people are already trashing my gear.  Tell you what, give me $25,000 for an M7CL and we won't have that problem.  The Presonus does what I need it to.  I don't need an M7CL or an SC48 or anything yet.  I would get a Soundcraft, but I can get two Studiolive's for that price, and it does fine for my purpose.

Mike,
I don't think I "trashed" your board. It's your money, you spend it as you see fit. I do suggest that you look at the Expression. even the 16 fader rack mount supports up to 66 channels.
http://www.soundcraft.com/products/video.aspx?pid=191&c=13&vid=127

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2013, 08:05:35 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.