ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show with no bass amp.  (Read 3634 times)

John Chiara

Show with no bass amp.
« on: September 22, 2013, 09:27:22 PM »

Did a flood relief outdoor event yesterday. The last band had no bass amp...bass was DI into snake.
I was using 6 admittedly underpowered Labs across the front of the stage.
 Very interesting how accurate the bass sound was. I had noticed it all day but with no amp it was clearly apparent the quality of the reproduction.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Show with no bass amp.
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 10:24:30 PM »

Fun.
I did a festival yesterday and one band had a sousaphone instead of a bass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 07:07:32 AM »

Fun.
I did a festival yesterday and one band had a sousaphone instead of a bass.

Did you mic the "standard Mexican" way?  Drop a Sm58 into the bell and let it bounce around inside?

I have seen them where they will wrap it in a cloth so it doesn't make as much "racket" when the player dances around.

Hey-I don't make this stuff up---------------
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 11:07:38 AM »

Did you mic the "standard Mexican" way?  Drop a Sm58 into the bell and let it bounce around inside?

I have seen them where they will wrap it in a cloth so it doesn't make as much "racket" when the player dances around.

ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT
(Rolling On The Floor Laughing So Hard My Sombrero Fell Off And I Droped My Taco)  ;D

I did play one of those(Sousaphone/Tuba) back in Junior High but I got out of band when I got into highschool as Ag Mechanics was more fun. :)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »

Yes, but we put a clown nose on it first so we would not damage the bell. Took the cable and wrapped it a couple of turns around and gaffed it in place. Sounded good. The player forgot to pack his wireless clip on.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

sam saponaro

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 12:56:15 AM »

ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT
(Rolling On The Floor Laughing So Hard My Sombrero Fell Off And I Droped My Taco)  ;D
(In my best Cheech Voice)I think he musta took the REDS man.... ;)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 12:56:15 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 23 queries.