ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alesis DEQ830 - 8 channel digital 31-band EQ  (Read 6689 times)

Mark McFarlane

Alesis DEQ830 - 8 channel digital 31-band EQ
« on: July 11, 2013, 07:02:38 PM »

I've been using a DEQ830 for about a year now on monitors (actually its on all my outputs but I typically only engage monitor channels). It works as expected. I use it ADAT in and ADAT out.  Below are a few plots of the response of the DEQ830 with a few filters applied. No surprises here.  Seems like a decent piece of gear. Sounds OK. Works fine for ringing out monitors, which is what I bought it for.

The green curve is using analog in and out.  Other curves are using ADAT I/O.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:08:58 PM by Mark McFarlane »
Mark McFarlane

Nathan DePaulo

Re: Alesis DEQ830 - 8 channel digital 31-band EQ
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 11:07:51 PM »

I've been using a DEQ830 for about a year now on monitors (actually its on all my outputs but I typically only engage monitor channels). It works as expected. I use it ADAT in and ADAT out.  Below are a few plots of the response of the DEQ830 with a few filters applied. No surprises here.  Seems like a decent piece of gear. Sounds OK. Works fine for ringing out monitors, which is what I bought it for.

The green curve is using analog in and out.  Other curves are using ADAT I/O.

I've had a DEQ830 for a small B rig with a MW3 console and I've found it to be a very effective and useful tool as well.  Doesn't take up a lot of space or weigh much, but 6 mixes and L & R mains get EQ. Nice.

I especially like the RTA function for ringing out monitors from FOH.  Especially nice touch for such an inexpensive peice of gear.

If I had one complaint/warning to share it's that the power button is very close to the RTA button and both are unlit.  In a dark bar one time I hit power instead of RTA and the pop from it turning off was horrendous.  This was wired to the mains using the analog connections. Only make that mistake once.  Heads up to anyone who might use that feature.

Mark McFarlane

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 04:43:22 AM »

+1, the RTA function is useful for quickly ringing out mons.  It RTA, raise channel gain, pull down offender, repeat and rinse.

My fundamental complaint is the display is unreadable in sunlight.  Someone in another thread posted a success using window film over the display in daylight, then they remove the film for indoor use.
Mark McFarlane

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »

I like mine too. I just have to remind myself to save the preset often, and not turn the encoder when I don't have something selected.

It's a little tougher to get around on than real EQ's, but not too bad, and it takes up a whole lot less room. And I can save presets.

I just wish it was quieter so I could insert it on input channels. It works fine for speakers though.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 20 queries.