ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PAR 56 or PAR 64????  (Read 4723 times)

Josh Weitkamp

PAR 56 or PAR 64????
« on: July 23, 2013, 05:50:43 AM »

Just came into ownership of 10 par cans..... How do I tell if they are 56's or 64's?? They are chrome MBT's and some of them need new power cables (wiring diagrams or links would help) just need to know what kind of lamps they should have.  They all have lamps, and the ones I can plug in work.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: PAR 56 or PAR 64????
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 06:55:51 AM »

Just came into ownership of 10 par cans..... How do I tell if they are 56's or 64's?? They are chrome MBT's and some of them need new power cables (wiring diagrams or links would help) just need to know what kind of lamps they should have.  They all have lamps, and the ones I can plug in work.

Diameter of the lamp.  PAR 56 = 56/8" or 7"       PAR 64 = 64/8" or 8"

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Josh Weitkamp

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 07:31:22 AM »

Diameter of the lamp.  PAR 56 = 56/8" or 7"       PAR 64 = 64/8" or 8"

Lee

Any idea on how to wire new power cables to these?? Ever schem I see and some of the cans have the ground (green) going to the body of the can I believe?? Don't know if the halogen socket is polarized specifically or not.  Reading the back of the lamp, it looks like it says Sylvania FFP 86, which comes up as a 1000w 64 lamp on google.

Robert Weston

• Power is cheap, reputation is not.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 09:57:21 AM »

Any idea on how to wire new power cables to these?? Ever schem I see and some of the cans have the ground (green) going to the body of the can I believe?? Don't know if the halogen socket is polarized specifically or not.  Reading the back of the lamp, it looks like it says Sylvania FFP 86, which comes up as a 1000w 64 lamp on google.

Wiring the cans is very easy, just take apart a known working fixture and see how it's wired.

Josh Daws

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 10:42:00 AM »

yes this is right....ground to the chassis, and L & N to the socket. but my advice is to confirm this by getting the schematics and wiring diagrams online. although this is how i have wired par cans, i still suggest people to double check. with power you shouldn't take second chances.

James Feenstra

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 07:46:09 PM »

Chassis is ground, L+N don't particularly matter when it comes to par cans, considering the porcelains aren't color coded. At least I've never seen one that is.

Lamps also don't distinguish between L and N on their sockets/terminals either
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 07:46:09 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 23 queries.