ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL CBT 70J-1 Impression  (Read 26395 times)

Bob L. Wilson

Re: JBL CBT 70J-1 Impression
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2013, 12:54:08 pm »

Sean....

This has to be one of the most mis-deployed arrangements I've ever seen.  You should be ashamed to be spending peoples money and giving them this.

Oh come on buddy. You gotta get out more. I was at a church this summer that had their mains hung with polypropylene rope from the choir loft banister railing in the rear of the church. They were toed in so much they were basically firing at each other from fifty feet apart in the rear corners. Some boy scout tied the knots though, they looked nice and that PP rope is tough stuff to work with:)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2013, 05:08:20 pm »

Oh come on buddy. You gotta get out more. I was at a church this summer that had their mains hung with polypropylene rope from the choir loft banister railing in the rear of the church. They were toed in so much they were basically firing at each other from fifty feet apart in the rear corners. Some boy scout tied the knots though, they looked nice and that PP rope is tough stuff to work with:)

Hi, Bob.  Long time, no see.

Did you get a chance to see the pics he put up of the double hang of the 150 degree speakers?  I think it's Post #28.

poor stewardship, very poor stewardship.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 05:12:57 pm by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Bob L. Wilson

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2013, 02:49:38 pm »

Hi, Bob.  Long time, no see.

Did you get a chance to see the pics he put up of the double hang of the 150 degree speakers?  I think it's Post #28.

poor stewardship, very poor stewardship.

I saw it. I think if this was the room and those were the speakers. I would hang one in the center, take the other back and trade it for the matching low frequency unit. I fully agree that a solution to a possible coverage problem that definitely causes all kinds of weird interactions between the speakers is to be kind a sub-optimum solution. We need to adopt the "first do no harm" part of the Hippocratic oath.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 03:42:31 pm by Bob L. Wilson »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2013, 02:57:06 pm »

I saw it. I think if this was the room and those were the speakers. I would hang one in the center, take the other back and trade it for the matching low frequency unit. I fully agree that a solution to a possible coverage problem that definitely causes all kinds of weird interactions between the speakers is too be kind a sub-optimum solution. We need to adopt the "first do no harm" part of the Hippocratic oath.

Yup. 

This is a fair representation of the old adage:

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Sean Chen

• Pristine Audio
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 10:45:25 pm »

I did an LR arragement of these with the Extender in a similar space at about the same height. They're flown from the ceiling, held in a PolarFocus-designed trapeze-yoke for pan/tilt. They function beautifully in a semi-fan shaped room.

I hope you take the advice given here. You'll find a lot of experienced folks that don't necessarily need to have your exact experience to give you correct advice.

You must change the configuration. It's not hard - just move the Genie Lift to another part of the floor and press "UP".

Yup, need to get the existing trap speakers down to make room for the CBTs on the longitudinal beams.
Pristine Audio
Authorized dealer for Allen & Heath, Countryman, Danley Sound Labs, Dynaudio, Electro-Voice, Gator Cases, HK Audio, K&M, Mackie, MiPro, RCF,  Yorkville
www.pristine-audio.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 10:45:25 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.