ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Loud guitar cabs in small venue equals bad mix!  (Read 39429 times)

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
Re: Loud guitar cabs in small venue equals bad mix!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 10:57:41 AM »

"Mr. Guitar player, either you turn down or I turn the P.A. Off.  I am not going to get into a volume match with you.  Trust me, the tone of your singers vocals will suck with no P.A. and no monitors a lot more than the guitar tone with your amp turned down!"

End of problem!

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 11:14:19 AM »

"Mr. Guitar player, either you turn down or I turn the P.A. Off.  I am not going to get into a volume match with you.  Trust me, the tone of your singers vocals will suck with no P.A. and no monitors a lot more than the guitar tone with your amp turned down!"

End of problem!
Management at one place I use to mix at was VERY helpful. "Turn down or don't get paid."
I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 11:30:32 AM »

End of problem!
I frequently work as a subcontractor of sorts for other sound providers when they are double booked and part of that responsibility is keeping their clients happy so if i did something like that with one of thoase clients I would risk loosing more then just that band, also other referrals may be lost.
  Though i suppose you probably meant as more of a bluff.
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 11:33:13 AM »

do you think the tone will be damaged even picked up through the mic? wont the mic pickup the sound before the blanket filters anything if its close mic'd on the inside of the cover?

The mic also picks up the space around the cab, which the blanket will definitely affect.

We tried recording a guitar with a couple of fiberglass panels covering it up and it muffled the sound, so we pulled away just one of the panels and it opened up nicely.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 11:35:05 AM »

The real downside to this approach is there is no easy way to change amp settings between songs. Not a problem in the studio
If it was a separate cab/head you could put the head on stage. Or the Marty McFly guitar player in the closet with the rig.
As a child I had dreamed of becoming an engineer. Now all I want to know is, when do I get to drive the train?

Randall Hyde

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 11:38:56 AM »

Loud guitar cabs in small venue equals bad mix!

There, fixed that for you.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 11:59:42 AM »

Loud guitar cabs in small venue equals bad mix!

There, fixed that for you.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

i hear that!

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 12:00:33 PM »

And lets not get into drums, dont think i have enough moving blankets

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 12:47:59 PM »

End of problem!

This.

It's not the amp, it's the player.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Marc Platt

• Classic LAB
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »

This.

It's not the amp, it's the player.
Without a doubt

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 01:38:33 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 25 queries.