ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: video boards  (Read 7788 times)

Michael Harmon

video boards
« on: June 26, 2013, 07:10:17 PM »

My church is looking into a video board for our chapel.  Does anyone here have some advice as to the best vendor/manufacturer?

-Mike

Michael Harmon

Video boards
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 07:16:07 PM »

I'm looking to start a local music venue in Western Kentucky.  I'm good to go on the audio equipment, but does anyone know who the best vendor or vendors might be for a small video board say 5 by 8 feet or so?  I've poked around, but here are a LOT of vendors out there(who'da thunk?).  Thanks. 

-Mike

Josh Daws

Re: Video boards
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 08:38:56 AM »

I'm looking to start a local music venue in Western Kentucky.  I'm good to go on the audio equipment, but does anyone know who the best vendor or vendors might be for a small video board say 5 by 8 feet or so?  I've poked around, but here are a LOT of vendors out there(who'da thunk?).  Thanks. 

-Mike

do you mean LED Panels/Video walls, or a video mixer?

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: video boards
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 09:49:34 AM »

My church is looking into a video board for our chapel.  Does anyone here have some advice as to the best vendor/manufacturer?
Are you referencing a production video switcher?  If so, then it doesn't matter who makes or sells it if it doesn't work for you, so it's probably best to first define what it needs to do.  To understand that it would help to know information such as the intended use, the sources going into the swicther, where will the output go, the budget, the experience of the operators and any other potentially relevant information.

Michael Harmon

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »

Are you referencing a production video switcher? 

No, not a signal switch.  I'm taking about the big LED video displays (actually a small one, about 8 foot by 5 foot). 

-Mike

Michael Harmon

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 03:00:36 PM »

do you mean LED Panels/Video walls, or a video mixer?

Oh, my.  My ignorance is showing.  I mean the display itself (LED Panel/Video wall).  But it will be for a live venue with multiple video sources (cameras), so any info on minimal requirements for live music act visual peripherals would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe a thumbnail primer to get me started so I can come back and ask some decently informed questions. 

Thanks, Josh.  -Mike

James Feenstra

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 03:41:54 PM »

What resolution are you looking for?
Distance from screen?
Screen size?
Budget?
Weight capability/rigging available for flying?
Input type?

There's a TON of good products out there, but a lot of information is required to pick the best one for your application. There's probably a few more questions as well regarding what you'd be looking at.
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 03:56:52 PM »

No, not a signal switch.  I'm taking about the big LED video displays (actually a small one, about 8 foot by 5 foot). 

-Mike

Something like this?

http://www.barco.com/en/products-solutions/video-walls/rear-projection-video-walls/overview-o-series-led-video-walls

https://seeds.churchonthemove.com/blog/post/31
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 05:31:53 PM »

Sorry, I thought you may have meant video board similar to how some refer to an audio mixer as a board.  I tend to call what you want a video wall.

What is the application?  Is this for display or i-mag in a Sanctuary, signage/overflow in a Lobby, outdoor signage or what?  There are going to be factors such as brightness, pixel pitch and resolution that may vary based on the application.  For example, to have a higher resolution image for a smaller image size requires a smaller pixel pitch or spacing.  With LED displays it often requires a larger image or smaller pixel pitch in order to support a higher resolution image, but then high resolution may not be required in some applications.  Most LED display systems consist of the display devices themselves along with a separate processor that takes the incoming video and processes it for the associated displays.

Some alternatives to the modular cube type video walls are LED curtains or something like http://www.nanolumens.com/ or http://www.luxmaxusa.com/product/display.html.

Although not LED, it is also possible to 'tile' multiple LCD displays such as http://www.necdisplay.com/p/large--screen-displays/x462un or http://www.necdisplay.com/p/large--screen-displays/x551un to obtain larger images.  Some commercial LCD displays even have the tiling capability integrated into the displays, thus requiring no external processor.

Josh Daws

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 06:42:33 PM »

the production company that i work for purchased a lot from a brand called QUEST VISION. the panel model is Fly5 . these are amazing. not IP rated, so indoor use. or you can risk outdoors on a sunny day or covered area.

you still need to purchase the ECU for this, ontop of all your cabling (aside from whats included). there isn't much information out there on these panels. but we have been super impressed with them and have survived all the hell we have thrown at them. i can't tell what i paid for them, but certainly cheaper priced than most!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 06:42:33 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.