ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Successful Marketing Strategy?`  (Read 1820 times)

Steve Cook

• Iowa City, IA
    • Steve Cook Sound
Successful Marketing Strategy?`
« on: August 17, 2013, 09:39:12 PM »

In my area, it seems the marketing done by sound companies is simply by word of mouth, and the people that get the gigs are the ones that have been doing it for years.  It seems I never see anything by the way of advertising, etc, from these guys.  So, since I've decided to upgrade my monitor rig and my subs, with a new trailer on the horizon, I need to see some cash back from the investment.

My plans for a marketing direction are fairly simple.  Flyers and business cards, as well as small, folded, booklets that will list gear, have pix, and successful gigs.  For advertising, I'm thinking just Craigslist and Facebook.

I also realize that I have to go to the clubs where the local bands are playing and offer my services, as well as contact those in the business and let them know of my upgraded rig.

Anyway, that's what I'm planning on implementing, and would love to hear what others have tried with success and failure.

Thanks!

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
Re: Successful Marketing Strategy?`
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:22:20 PM »

Website is where most of my business comes from. Google searches are pretty much how people find services these days. Very important.

I am also working more on networking to the non profits and businesses that host events. One avenue for that is the local chamber of commerce.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Successful Marketing Strategy?`
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 10:22:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.