ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody have thoughts on the Allen & Heath QU-16?  (Read 18884 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Re: Anybody have thoughts on the Allen & Heath QU-16?
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 02:18:56 pm »

Although if your digital mixer's snakes don't have digital I/O, having digital inputs on the DSP is worthless. And a shocking number of digital snakes don't have digital I/O.

A surprising number of DSPs don't have them either. I had a thread a while back about it and they are few and far between in the medium price class. Bummer. Same deal with amps with DSP with no digital in. Most notably Crown XTI 2 amps,  dbx driveracks 260 and below, bss minidrive.

For me, I didn't have a big need for a processor, so I chose to go without because I didn't like any of the <$1000 processors with AES. Soundcraft seems to be the first low end digital console manufacturer to embrace lots of AES outs on their stage boxes.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 11:00:21 pm »

Many consoles, and most of the mixpersons  know, start with the first aux as the first monitor mix, and the last aux as the last FX send.  If you do this, you won't have to change the existing configuration when you expand.  Plus, it just doesn't make sense IMHO for monitor 1 to be on other than aux 1 - it's much easier on the brain if it's 1-1, 2-2, 3-3......

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 11:00:21 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.