ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody A/B Crown XTI Vs. I-Tech series  (Read 21714 times)

Dustin Campbell

Anybody A/B Crown XTI Vs. I-Tech series
« on: June 19, 2013, 12:18:27 PM »

Hello,
I have:
2X srx725 powered by 2 Qsc plx3002 bridge mono
2X srx718 powered by 2 Qsc rmx2450 bridge mono

I would like to run 1 cab per channel instead of bridge mono( 1 amp per cab) for current set up, Just wondering to make it worth the upgrade is the I-tech the way to go? and what would the differences be between the sound? The music type is Live band hard rock.  All info much appreciated
Banning CA,

Justin Myers

Re: Anybody A/B Crown XTI Vs. I-Tech series
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 04:21:43 PM »

Hello,
I was hirering 2 x Itech amps to a club for a few months to run a passive 15 and horn over a Single 18 sub per side. Music was a DJ playing classic hits and top 40. They venue bought 2 x XTI2 amps to run the system. Something just was not the same after. It sounded better and fuller some how with the itechs. Having said that, if the itechs were never there, now one would have been disappointed with the XTI2 smps. It still sounded pretty good.

Spenser Hamilton

Anybody A/B Crown XTI Vs. I-Tech series
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 05:32:35 PM »

IT4K on lows, XTi4K on tops would be a good compromise imo. But that is without knowing how big the room is and how many people in the crowd.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Dustin Campbell

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 05:51:31 PM »

It will be used in bars, clubs, Rehearsal space - this system will be whored out all over the place (lots of different venues) - so I would like it to be as versatile as possible - just kind of wondering kind of differences in sound between my current amps and what my next amp upgrade should be- my current amps meet the specs on paper but I would like to get the most out of my cabs? not sure if I am approaching this right and just wondering what the sonic differences between the plx, rmx, vs xti , I-tech?
Banning CA,

Scott Harris

• Subwoofer forum
  • Worcester, MA
    • Running Sound
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »

I doubt that you will hear any difference.  The reason make this purchase would be space & weight savings only.

Dustin Campbell

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 06:54:22 PM »

I agree with the space and weight but there must be some quality difference in sound quality and performance to justify the different pricing? like the difference between the plx and pl series in qsc? just asking - always been curious about this?
Banning CA,

Yosi Melamed

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 08:59:08 AM »

I've owned XTi 4002 and i-Tech 8000 at different times so it's not a direct A/B comparison and since there is a big difference between them I'm not sure the comparison is "apples to apples" but using only the two little holes in my head (ears) I hear a noticeable difference between the two. I'm on 240V grid so no power shortage here. Same speakers were used and DJ type of music. I guess if it was live music and it was on sub duty the difference was more pronounced.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:01:54 AM by Yosi Melamed »
Don't bring up facts that can ruin our good argument.

Crown i-Tech 8000
Allen & Heath ZED60-14FX
4 X Cerwin Vega ProStax PS-12 II
1 X Cerwin Vega Sub 15
1 X Rolls RS-80 Tuner
1 X MaxxBass 101
1 X Weekend warrior

Spenser Hamilton

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 09:44:26 PM »

I doubt that you will hear any difference.  The reason make this purchase would be space & weight savings only.

I don't think you've compared the two series performance while driving subwoofers, night and day.
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

Sean Hennessey

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 11:19:45 PM »

I don't think you've compared the two series performance while driving subwoofers, night and day.

what differences do you notice?  I currently run an xti 4002 on subs, limited at Sixty volts...  I've been considering updating to an IT4k, or IT5k HD whenever funds permit. 

Scott Harris

• Subwoofer forum
  • Worcester, MA
    • Running Sound
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 11:22:01 PM »

My reply was in regards to his proposed changing from a PLX on the tops and RMX on the subs to other amps of equivalent power output, not purely his question in the title.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 11:22:01 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.