ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acoustics for Existing Buildings  (Read 1990 times)

Ryan Brackman

Acoustics for Existing Buildings
« on: June 09, 2013, 11:34:15 AM »

I am looking for some good resources on acoustics for existing buildings.  Specifically looking for the more information about creating even coverage across a room, plus more detailed information about acoustics in general.  For example I want to be able to get rid of the bass tunnel effect where the subs combine in the center so I can have even bass response across the room.

Looking for advanced level acoustics.  I have read some of the primers or beginner guides but I like specifics if available. 
Ryan Brackman
- What you do in life, echoes in eternity- Gladiator

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: Acoustics for Existing Buildings
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 05:20:09 PM »

I am looking for some good resources on acoustics for existing buildings.  Specifically looking for the more information about creating even coverage across a room, plus more detailed information about acoustics in general.  For example I want to be able to get rid of the bass tunnel effect where the subs combine in the center so I can have even bass response across the room.

Looking for advanced level acoustics.  I have read some of the primers or beginner guides but I like specifics if available.

While the "bass tunnel" or power alley that happens with split subs can be effected by the room it also happens in situations where there are no reflective surfaces.  It has to do with the sub placement much more Dothan the room.  Room acoustics will create modes that affect bass response.

As far as good resources, others will have to chime in on that.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 07:52:54 AM »

You probably need to start with the statement at the top of the page that says "Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums" and changing your displayed name to be your real full name.

While involving some of the same principles, sound system coverage and "bass alley" are more audio system design than architectural acoustics related.

What is your background in acoustics and what resources have you already studied?  And to get specific responses it often helps to start with specific questions.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 07:52:54 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.