ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get 2nd ls9 to run in Studio Manager / DME network.  (Read 3707 times)

jim whitmer

Can't get 2nd ls9 to run in Studio Manager / DME network.
« on: June 09, 2013, 10:35:23 AM »

I only need to call up one at a time, but when I load the 2nd one in DME network driver, it will not recognize the midi port on the 2nd console (says not available or something of that sort). I can delete the 1st console, load the 2nd in DME and all is well, but not both at the same time.

Does this have something to with device port number? I cannot use port one for both devices, but midi is not recognized when I use anything but port 1.

The difference between the two consoles is the mac address which I cannot change.

I'm sure I'm missing the obvious.  ???

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
Re: Can't get 2nd ls9 to run in Studio Manager / DME network.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 01:49:13 PM »

Did you change the port number on the console itself?
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

jim whitmer

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 03:19:21 PM »

I did. Just re-tried with reboot to confirm. However I noticed that it does 't say not available, just doesn't connect.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 03:29:21 PM »

What does Yamaha say about this?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 04:03:47 PM »

I did. Just re-tried with reboot to confirm. However I noticed that it does 't say not available, just doesn't connect.

What did you reboot? I find that I have to quit and restart SM to change consoles, and that it only works with 1 console in the network midi driver. Any change in the midi driver (like changing consoles) means a restart of SM.

What version of the network driver are you using? AFAIK it hasn't been called "DME Network Driver" in a long time.

Mac

jim whitmer

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »

Restarted both computer and console.

What exactly do you mean by "with only 1 console in the network midi driver"? Do you mean you cannot have multiple devices listed?

DME-N 1.2.3 Network driver is what they call it I believe.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, I should be able to have both consoles listed in there at all times and call up either one upon initial start up, right?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 06:18:48 PM »

Restarted both computer and console.

What exactly do you mean by "with only 1 console in the network midi driver"? Do you mean you cannot have multiple devices listed?

DME-N 1.2.3 Network driver is what they call it I believe.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, I should be able to have both consoles listed in there at all times and call up either one upon initial start up, right?

You would think so since there is a list, but I have never had it work with more than one console on the list. After entering the info for the new console I have to restart SM.

AFAIK the network driver hasn't been called DME for a while, although v1.2.3 seems to be the current version.

Mac

jim whitmer

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 06:34:22 PM »

Yep, that's what I have.

I guess everything is working just fine, assuming you cannot enter but one console in the BIG EMPTY list for multiple consoles.

There has to be a way around that!?!?!?!?!?

We'll see what Yamaha has to say.

Thanks for the input!!!!!!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 08:13:58 PM »

Yep, that's what I have.

I guess everything is working just fine, assuming you cannot enter but one console in the BIG EMPTY list for multiple consoles.

There has to be a way around that!?!?!?!?!?

We'll see what Yamaha has to say.

Thanks for the input!!!!!!

For a long time, everything under the hood of a Yamaha digital mixer was done with MIDI in mind.  The native interface between mixer and outside world was MIDI.  The DME driver on your computer is part of what makes the mixer think it's connected to a MIDI controller.

I don't recall now if the driver documentation covers MIDI port allocation, but somewhere on one or another of Yamaha's sites, the manual (snore) and probably installation guides address this in tiny print.

My install of Studio Manager has an M7-48, LS/9-32 and an 01v96II available in the work space, but I've never used them simultaneously.  It is possible to open multiple instances of Studio Manager, but how the network and Yamaha's drivers and editors deal with that, I don't know.

If it simply doesn't want to have both consoles in the list at the same time, that's another matter.

Either way this will be educational.  :)
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

jim whitmer

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 11:40:22 AM »

Yammie called and confirmed - Yes there is a list to enter mulitiple devices, but you can only have one device in the list at a time. He agreed you should be able to poplulate that list so when you go from one desk to another you just click on the correct one and go. However this would require software tweaks.

They're busy at infocom but will investigate.

So as of right now, you have to enter each device one at a time.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 11:40:22 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.