ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this possible?  (Read 3937 times)

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
Is this possible?
« on: June 02, 2013, 02:03:30 PM »

Going to do an event that will be audio and video of literary readings live, sent to a You Tube site.  Video will be a Logitek 920 HD camera. 

Audio is specified via USB mic, they recommend one by Blue.

I'm wanting to send a mix off my desk, using mics on each performer(three, on stands, on stage), and use a USB preamp.

I'm finding the Sound Devices USB Pre(original version) won't work on 64bit OS.  Not sure if the laptop in question is 64bit, I'm waiting to hear back on that.

Not really wanting to invest in the new Sound Devices USB Pre 2, what other options are there just in case?

Best regards,

John

Jordan Wolf

Re: Is this possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 04:12:17 PM »

John, if you're using a Mac with a 64-bit OS, you can force it to boot into 32-bit mode by holding the 3 and 2 keys when booting up.

If it's a rental, you might be able to spec the OS (Rentex will accomodate such requests).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:25:10 PM by Jordan Wolf »
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 05:13:51 PM »

John,

For two track line to USB there are tons of options. I think it really comes down to getting the proper drivers installed and interfacing with your recording software.

I wasn't clear from your op if you want to record an audio file to sync later with the video or if the video camera has an usb input for audio, but if you want to borrow a motu traveller for a couple weeks it would just cost you round trip shipping from Maryland.
Jay Barracato

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 10:43:54 PM »

John,

For two track line to USB there are tons of options. I think it really comes down to getting the proper drivers installed and interfacing with your recording software.

I wasn't clear from your op if you want to record an audio file to sync later with the video or if the video camera has an usb input for audio, but if you want to borrow a motu traveller for a couple weeks it would just cost you round trip shipping from Maryland.

It will be mono, and live.  One thing I'm also wondering about is whether it would sync at the laptop or not-in other words, would the audio feed from the mixer have to input at the camera(if a line in exists on the Logitek camera.

Best regards,

John

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 10:43:54 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.