ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A tight (wireless) rack.  (Read 879 times)

Timothy J. Trace

A tight (wireless) rack.
« on: May 24, 2013, 10:05:27 am »

Greetings,

I'm contemplating a new rack layout for a muso... Ok, me.  There will be two wireless receivers and a transmitter in close proximity, all Sennheiser.

All of the remotes are operated/worn by me, who will eventually glow in the dark, thereby saving the lampie's budget.

Range from transmitter to receiver is typically under 30', with a rare walk out to 125', always within line-of-sight.

There are typically two additional MI wireless systems being operated on the same stage, with their receivers located 10-20' distant from the Sennheiser rack.

Need I be concerned about having two receivers and a transmitter in close proximity?  If so, what can I do about it?

Thank you!

Code: [Select]
Here's the gear:
ew 500 G3  (wireless microphone receiver, two antennas, handheld transmitter)
ew 572 G3  (wireless instrument receiver, two antennas, belt-worn transmitter)
ew 300 G3  (wireless IEM transmitter, one antenna, belt-worn receiver)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 01:05:45 pm by Timothy J. Trace »
-----------
Post count...whaaaaa? I ain't no newb. Search for my name in the LAB Archives.  :)

Cameron Stuckey

• New York City
Re: A tight (wireless) rack.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:16:55 pm »

Separation will be key, both physical separation and frequency separation. If the transmitter has a range that doesn't overlap with the frequency range of the receivers you have a great starting point. Also avoid using omni antennas in such closer proximity to each other. You could get away with using an omni for the transmitter as long as it is placed in a null of the receiver's directional antennas.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: A tight (wireless) rack.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:16:55 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 23 queries.