ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville LS800P Connection Help  (Read 2036 times)

Sandeep Patel

Yorkville LS800P Connection Help
« on: May 24, 2013, 12:20:47 AM »

Hello

I need help with Yorkville LS800P sub that I recently bought. What's the proper/correct way to connect this sub with my DJ system. Only 1 sub and no external crossover.

Should I connect the XLR out from the dj mixer into the LS800P Mono Blend input on the sub first via XLR splitter (2 XLR's out of the mixer into a XLR Y Spliter), and then out of the sub via XLR splitter into the Amp (Channel 1 & 2), and the speakers into the Amp?

Or is there another way?

I noticed that the Denon X500 mixer has a 1/4 sub out.. Can I use that and connect into the LS800P input, and then out of the sub via 1/4 or XLR splitter into the amp.

I'll be using it with following equipment
Mixer: Denon X500
Speakers: EV Passive Speakers
Amp: Crown Macrotech 1200
Sub: 1 Yorkville LS800P

Thanks in advance.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Re: Yorkville LS800P Connection Help
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 11:16:48 AM »

In your situation it would be best to use a separate active crossover, since the LS800P does not have high-passed outputs. You should have the crossover to highpass the signal to your tops.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Mike Reigh

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 07:25:22 PM »

XLR to your amp, 1/4'' sub out to your sub.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:13:30 PM »

In your situation it would be best to use a separate active crossover, since the LS800P does not have high-passed outputs. You should have the crossover to highpass the signal to your tops.

+1

The sub out of the mixer has an adjustable low pass filter (but that is built into the Yorkville) and the manual does not indicate what slope (although you generally don't want to combine two separate filters like that).  It also does not provide a corresponding high pass filter to the main outputs.  This is more important in your case.  The correct way to set up a separate sub is to have an actual crossover so that you do not have a very peaky bass response where the sub and main overlap.  This will also help to avoid overtaxing your mains and/or mains amp(s). 
Of course you can set it up any way you want to make sound but you are asking for the proper/correct way.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:13:30 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.