ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cable Storage  (Read 12202 times)

Michael Robertson

Re: Cable Storage
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2013, 08:50:52 PM »

We have gone to wall mounted "hooks." In the past we've used cubby holes and tubs. Now that we're in our permanent home we settled on the wall backstage. I think the hook system we got was made by rubbermaid.
A track system mounts on the wall and you can install several different types of hooks and slide them around. Each spot is labeled with cable type and length. Part of what makes it work is that there are only a handful of people that do any cabling and our basic stage setup doesn't change drastically very often.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 01:14:30 PM »

I'm not saying I use this... I'm just sayin its cool

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 02:12:17 PM »

We have a cat5e cable on one of those rolls for our digital snake runs.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Sidney.Pilien

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 01:17:47 AM »

We've tried all those ways.  The "hanging on hooks" method failed miserably since no one put anything back in the right place.  Tried tubs and portable cases.... they worked fine, but were a hassle.

We currently use a filing cabinet for our most used cables.  We got a large filing cabinet for free from a company getting rid of a bunch, put it in our A/V booth, and now we always have quick access to our most needed cables (XLR mainly).  Our less frequently used cable types still go in the A/V storage area upstairs.

I love it.  We keep microphones in a couple of the drawers, and cables in the other two.  Makes it much faster to get the commonly used mics and cables.

Totally second that!
Sidney Pilien  

As Schultze would say "I know nutting!"

Mark Turner

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 09:47:15 AM »

I can't thank you all enough for all the great ideas!

Based on what I've read, my plan is to buy/build a small rolling cart that contains smaller size clear bins holding cables of specific types and lengths that match our "normal" needs.  I'm also thinking that I'll put some commonly used items on the same cart (a few DI boxes, Wireless Mics, etc) so I can just roll it out to set up or strike.

Then I'll keep the spare cables and less frequently used items in similar clear bins back in the equipment closet. 

I'm in the process of just sorting out the specific gear I want on the cart so we can plan for the size of the bins and the cart itself. 
Mark Turner
Volunteer Tech Coordinator
Woodlake UMC
Chesterfield, VA

Kent Thompson

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2013, 11:18:28 AM »

We do not have a huge amount of Cables and stuff so we put in two 3 draw cabinets with a Formica work space on top. The top two drawers lock so we can keep curious eyes away from a few items like headsets, wireless packs, Microphones, DI, tools etc. The bottom 4 drawers I use for cables and other misc things. These are in a fixed location so casters were not needed.

sam saponaro

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »

Old military trunk for Speakon(10+/-) and 110V cables(15+/-) and an old Sealtest milk crate with cardboard in the bottom for XLR(30+/-) and 1/4" audio and DIs................Old clip case I lined w/ foam for mics. Hey I'm cheap what can I say....LOL that and the sealtest has sentimental value.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:03:15 PM by sam saponaro »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 05:56:04 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.