ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap durable mic stands  (Read 105895 times)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2015, 10:31:38 AM »

Guitar center sells a brand called DR Pro that are decent for the money.

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Clint Miller

Re: Cheap durable mic stands
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2015, 09:48:02 PM »

Well, I've earned the cheap dummy award around here for sure.  I used onstage stands for several years.  To say I baby my equipment is the understatement of the century; just ask my head sound tech!  I looked for better stands, and ordered Gator stands.  They seem nice, but you really have to tighten them to get the booms to stay put.  I'm guessing that it is only a matter of time before they strip out.  So I broke down and ordered K&M (KM21090) stands. I wish I'd have done so a long time ago.  They're rock solid and I'm confident they'll last a long time... They cost a lot, but there's not much more embarrassing than having to replace stands during a show because they won't stay in place, or the dang knob falls off and a singer can't adjust it in the middle of a song.

Nate Armstrong

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2015, 09:18:26 AM »

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/km-tripod-microphone-stand-with-boom-arm

$35

this is advertised as a K&M stand,  when you get it , it doesnt say K&M on the stand it's self but is stamped
"Made in Germany", I have 8 of them and they ( so far ) have been great.

Pete Bansen

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2015, 02:42:27 PM »

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/km-tripod-microphone-stand-with-boom-arm
$35
this is advertised as a K&M stand,  when you get it , it doesnt say K&M on the stand it's self but is stamped
"Made in Germany"

Interesting!  I just ordered a couple to audition.  Looks like the "Baseline" 21070, but that's a very good price for it.

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2015, 04:45:40 PM »

Interesting!  I just ordered a couple to audition.  Looks like the "Baseline" 21070, but that's a very good price for it.
I would be interested to get your thoughts on these stands after you've had a chance to use them.  I wonder if they're as good as or better than the DR stands that GC sells for about $75 each.  I find it somewhat odd that there are no reviews on MF.

Pete Bansen

« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2015, 11:20:20 AM »

I would be interested to get your thoughts on these stands after you've had a chance to use them.  I wonder if they're as good as or better than the DR stands that GC sells for about $75 each.  I find it somewhat odd that there are no reviews on MF.

I'll make sure to post that, Tom.  I usually buy the K&M 210/6 stands (Topline with non-telescoping boom) for a little over $60 each. 

Mike Monte

• My website
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2015, 08:23:04 AM »

I'll make sure to post that, Tom.  I usually buy the K&M 210/6 stands (Topline with non-telescoping boom) for a little over $60 each.

I just purchased (shipment was delivered yesterday) six K&M 210/9 stands.  Mike Pyle had the best price I could find - $20.00 less per unit than all of the usual sources - Thanks Mike. 
These stands are rock solid (with a a good clutch system using leather(?) washers) and a huge step-up from what I have been using.
These should last for years!

Mike M

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2015, 03:42:59 PM »

K&M or DR Pro

Thats all you need to know about mic stands
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Scott Wagner

• Richmond, VA
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2015, 09:59:18 PM »

I fixed it for you.
K&M, Atlas, or DR Pro

Thats all you need to know about mic stands
Scott Wagner
Big Nickel Audio

George Dougherty

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »

I fixed it for you.
And don't buy the cheapie models from Atlas or K&M.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2015, 10:16:59 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 24 queries.