ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap durable mic stands  (Read 105672 times)

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
Re: Cheap durable mic stands
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2013, 04:43:49 PM »

Its important to note the Tama stands (at least the ones I have) have that stupid small british sized screw for the clips.
Er, is that the stupid small *international* sized screw used by pretty much every country in the world except the US, who use the global standard 5/8" one...?  Always interesting to see life from the other side!

That being said, I agree with nearly everyone on here so far. Go K&M / DR or go home!
+1
There are at least some *universally* agreed truths!

Paul Tollini

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2013, 08:55:51 PM »

Its important to note the Tama stands (at least the ones I have) have that stupid small british sized screw for the clips.  They adapters don't seem to stick well on the stand so they're always coming off & getting stuck in the clips.  Sounds like a minor grip, but the frustration definitely builds show after show...

That being said, I agree with nearly everyone on here so far. Go K&M / DR or go home!
I inherited several  Tama stands, they are well made, you can use "locktite" to keep the adapters in place.

Thomas Le

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2013, 04:20:39 PM »

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/770263-REG/On_Stage_56985_MS9701TB_Heavy_Duty_Tele_Boom_Mic.html

Is this worth considering? Build looks similar to K&M but K&M have the shaft grip as plastic whereas the On-Stage is metal.

Mike Tinsley

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2014, 12:34:27 PM »

Any one have a cheap reliable option?  I refuse to buy another dozen of the garbage On-Stage model.  Seems like every part breaks or strips in 2 months.  I usually try and track down a bunch used, but the markets seems a little dry right now and I need them quick.  I was looking at the Quik Lok A-300.  Anybody have an experience with them or a good recommendation?  I'm trying to pick up 6-7 of them and keep my budget down around $200.

Thanks!
Justin

Onstage makes decent stand bags...
Guitar Center DR Pro. Metal base- solid construction.
used them for years. Have a new backup but haven't
had to drag it out. PS keep eye on hormone lead vocalists
as they tend to want to stand on the leg like it's a monitor.
GC sometimes run sales on them for 40.00.

Randall Cook

• CRYSTAL HEAR
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2014, 12:13:52 AM »

Anyone have experience with these: RCI Starlite International U2002 super duty stands are 269.99 + 25.99 shipping.
Seems ridiculously expensive. 

Canute J. Chiverton

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2014, 01:19:03 AM »

Has anyone tried these for Durability  Hercules Stands MS401B Transformer Tilt Base Microphone Stand? I went and checked them out at GC but have not purchased any as yet. I am thinking of getting one for Karaoke since the singers are different heights. Right now I use an Ultimate Stand with a 6" Mini Boom from On Stage.
Here is the Link to the Hercules Stand. The Base Tilts and swivels. There is also a Height Adjustment Hand Grip.
http://www.herculesstands.com/mics/MS401B.html#

George Dougherty

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »

Has anyone tried these for Durability  Hercules Stands MS401B Transformer Tilt Base Microphone Stand? I went and checked them out at GC but have not purchased any as yet. I am thinking of getting one for Karaoke since the singers are different heights. Right now I use an Ultimate Stand with a 6" Mini Boom from On Stage.
Here is the Link to the Hercules Stand. The Base Tilts and swivels. There is also a Height Adjustment Hand Grip.
I had a set of 3 and was impressed with them.  I've been told that the clutch can fail, but never had problems in a year or two of service.  I ended up giving them away to a non-profit group since I was liking the Tama stands better and already had a batch of them.  For my use, I prefer boom stands over the angled stand, though it does work fine for guitarists.

I love the Tama stands except for a few small gripes.  Superglue fixed the adapter issue.  I'd already had to do that for the audix drum clips I love and have a small herd of.  There is a plastic bushing around the boom where it slides through that pops and binds against the boom making it harder to slide and rotate.  It's also minor, and Tama's aren't the only ones, but the booms aren't threaded to the vertical shaft.  It only becomes a problem when I really need just a straight stand.  Other stands I could just unthread the boom and have a tripod base straight stand.

Get the black ones because the chrome ones I have are great till the chrome scratches and starts to flake.  A storage or transport option that doesn't just throw them all in together is a good idea.  They still look okay though, and 5 years on they're all working great. 

Canute J. Chiverton

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2014, 03:12:17 PM »

Here is another one but I was told that the parts may not be easily found. This one Telescopes outward and then collapses within itself.  Look at the .Gif to see.
http://www.galaxyaudio.com/standformer.php

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2014, 01:54:37 PM »

I wouldn't buy anything besides K&M and they are pretty darn cheap. OnStage stuff is junk and isn't going to hold up unless it's for a practice space or other permanent situation. Pickup up 1 of each and just feel the weight difference!

Richard Turner

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2014, 08:58:09 PM »

Had 3 of them at a venue for general use, open mics, kareoke, They worked ok enough but apparently were too cool as 2 went missing within a month so the other one swiftly got painted with nepn spray paint and is still in use a couple years later, some ppl like it some would prefer a standard boom.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2014, 08:58:09 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.