Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Cheap durable mic stands

<< < (26/26)

Brook Hovland:
In 2020, I needed to add 25 boom tripods to our rental inventory. K&M was out of stock in the US.
I ordered "the Best" stands that On Stage had.  MS9701TB+ HVY DUTY TRIPOD .
The stands have pleasantly surprised me, they are very heavy and the hardware has held up pretty well.
K&M is the way to go if available but when not available or cost too much for the budget, I would go for the On Stage stands again. Just don't get the cheap ones.

Thomas Le:

--- Quote from: Brook Hovland on November 24, 2022, 02:46:33 PM ---In 2020, I needed to add 25 boom tripods to our rental inventory. K&M was out of stock in the US.
I ordered "the Best" stands that On Stage had.  MS9701TB+ HVY DUTY TRIPOD .
The stands have pleasantly surprised me, they are very heavy and the hardware has held up pretty well.
K&M is the way to go if available but when not available or cost too much for the budget, I would go for the On Stage stands again. Just don't get the cheap ones.

--- End quote ---
The all metal on stage stands are pretty decent but the bottom tripod part will eventually give out, the bottom lug will come undone which leaves the bottom part shaft freely movable/spin-able. All 4 that I bought have this issue, but the boom arm part is still holding up.

Bryant Chaffin:
I purchased some Gravity https://www.gravitystands.com/en/ brand stands, both boom and straight, direct from Thomann Music after reading some reviews and doing a little research earlier this year.   I think Gravity is part of the Adam Hall group, and they are starting to show up in some US distributors now (Musician's Friend, B&H Photo, among others), but the price I got them from Thomann was significantly better than anything I have seen.  Long term durability is yet to be seen, but the build quality and features seem to be great for the price and far better than my other inexpensive stands.   At about 1/2 the price of K&M at the time I purchased, I figured it was worth the risk.   So far, so good.  Anyone else tried them yet?   

The bright green O-rings are sortof their thing, but they came with black O-rings to replace them and I did, as marking them for quick identification isn't something we really need and I prefer them more understated in appearance. 

Brook Hovland:

--- Quote from: Bryant Chaffin on May 19, 2023, 11:12:48 AM ---I purchased some Gravity https://www.gravitystands.com/en/ brand stands, both boom and straight, direct from Thomann Music after reading some reviews and doing a little research earlier this year.   I think Gravity is part of the Adam Hall group, and they are starting to show up in some US distributors now (Musician's Friend, B&H Photo, among others), but the price I got them from Thomann was significantly better than anything I have seen.  Long term durability is yet to be seen, but the build quality and features seem to be great for the price and far better than my other inexpensive stands.   At about 1/2 the price of K&M at the time I purchased, I figured it was worth the risk.   So far, so good.  Anyone else tried them yet?   

The bright green O-rings are sortof their thing, but they came with black O-rings to replace them and I did, as marking them for quick identification isn't something we really need and I prefer them more understated in appearance.

--- End quote ---

I tried Gravity stands out on a recommendation from our rep. Pretty good quality for the money but I got tired of looking at the stage and seeing all the boom arms drifting down. I needed the exercise but...

Bryant Chaffin:

--- Quote from: Brook Hovland on May 22, 2023, 09:47:43 AM ---I tried Gravity stands out on a recommendation from our rep. Pretty good quality for the money but I got tired of looking at the stage and seeing all the boom arms drifting down. I needed the exercise but...

--- End quote ---
Hate to hear that.   We haven't had any issues yet running e935's with the arms drifting.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version