ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap durable mic stands  (Read 91562 times)

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: Cheap durable mic stands
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2022, 12:24:35 PM »

I own a large inventory of k&m 210/9 and they are all failing at the crimp where the threaded insert is installed. When I brought this issue to light to K&M they pointed me to a parts book and distributor where I could buy replacements that were back ordered and not available, and will probably fail the same way. Never again

I had this issue on a few stands purchased ~2018 I think. The crimp machine missed the slot on the insert leading to a weak connection. I haven't purchased more stands since. Is this still an issue with newer K&M 210/9s?

Nick Andrews

« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2022, 04:09:23 PM »

I had this issue on a few stands purchased ~2018 I think. The crimp machine missed the slot on the insert leading to a weak connection. I haven't purchased more stands since. Is this still an issue with newer K&M 210/9s?

Yes exactly! I've had to epoxy , and attempt to recrimp on approx 40 stands. Not fun !,  and yes 210/9 stands

This also has caused the threads to strip as well inside the boom arm receptacle. What happens is , because the threaded insert is loose due to the poor crimp , you can't always tell if the boom arm is tightened all the way, then when you transport them the threads take a hit and bam , stripped. Sometimes you can fix it by removing the black circle collar on the thread which makes it go deeper inside the receptacle.... not always though.

Like I said never again, issue is , what is better ? Gotta be something,  and hopefully whatever company  it is has better customer service than k&m , very disappointing.

Nick
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 04:15:17 PM by Nick Andrews »

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2022, 10:24:13 PM »

I have a few K&M. Like them. My workhouse stands are D&R. So far so good. The lesser stands get used on festivals where I need em all.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Thomas Le

« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2022, 03:37:26 PM »

Today I learned that Atlas makes tripod stands, specifically the AtlasIED TB3664. Its heavy but looks like it can take a beating like the on stage MS9701B+. Only caveat other than it being heavy and expensive is that they use plastic knobs for the teleboom lol.

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2022, 04:07:52 PM »

The crimps are a marginal way to attach.  With mine, I drill 1/8" hole through the tubing and through the "plug".  Tap an expansion pin in, grind flat.  Never a worry ever again.  Tight, non rattle. Plug is soft and quite easily drilled.  About 5 min/stand effort.  Reversible, if needed.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #124 on: August 15, 2022, 04:07:52 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.