Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Cheap durable mic stands

<< < (23/26) > >>

John Lackner:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on November 30, 2014, 09:20:57 PM ---The most acceptable $50.00 stand I have found is the On Stage 9700 series.  They have three models, a telescoping boom, standard boom and sans boom.

They have some real weight to them,  some type of pneumatic damping on retraction, a metal cast base and a nice oversize lock nut.

--- End quote ---
I have had some 9700 series stands and they are a good choice. They also have a counerbalance on the arm. But the lower level OSS stands are junk.

Steve Garris:
Does anyone know why this K&M boom is not for sale in the US?

https://www.k-m.de/en/products/mic-stands/booms/211-boom-arm-black/21100-300-55?c=180

Geert Friedhof:

--- Quote from: Steve Garris on December 08, 2019, 08:05:57 PM ---Does anyone know why this K&M boom is not for sale in the US?

https://www.k-m.de/en/products/mic-stands/booms/211-boom-arm-black/21100-300-55?c=180

--- End quote ---
Maybe they don't want those cheap durable mic stand customers... ;)

k&m aint cheap, but very reliable. I think the boom is a spare part, about $20-25.

Thomas Le:

--- Quote from: Thomas Le on March 08, 2017, 04:54:07 PM ---My church is taking a gamble on the On Stage MS9701B+ for their choral mics when the K&M rebranded AKG stands started to lose the boom screws, so far it works and feels rugged.

--- End quote ---

So an update to my post; the leg housing knob is not tightening anymore, essentially the shaft is touching the floor. Not really a dealbreaker for me but is for others.

Doug Fowler:

--- Quote from: Mike Butler (media) on August 21, 2018, 12:07:56 AM ---I always found Atlas stands to be pretty close to indestructible.

--- End quote ---

Atlas is good for everything except the boom clutches.  Unless something has changed they will fail fairly quickly.

Gotta love MS20 round base setups. 

There is a reason K&M is found is just about every large/medium operator mic stand trunk. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version