Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB Lounge

Cheap durable mic stands

<< < (3/26) > >>

Kenny Deal:
For the life of me I can't remember the name of the ones I have but they are the heavy base horseshoe stackable ones and i use k&m booms. Have had them for 10+ years and much abuse. I will not use those tripod stands.
I wanna say they are Ultimate stands but I can't remember.

boburtz:

--- Quote from: Kenny Deal on May 28, 2013, 09:00:59 AM ---For the life of me I can't remember the name of the ones I have but they are the heavy base horseshoe stackable ones and i use k&m booms. Have had them for 10+ years and much abuse. I will not use those tripod stands.
I wanna say they are Ultimate stands but I can't remember.

--- End quote ---
Probably Ultimate Stackers.
Atlas and K&M are making them now, too.

Lee Wright:
Another nice thing about the K&M is that replacement parts are readily available.   I've had mine for more than 10 years & still going strong.   

Sean Barry:
I'm in the market for a few stands. I eyeballed the K&M site and they have 3 levels of stands, Baseline, Topline and Starline? I always thought "Top" was the best? The consensus here is K&W, rinse and repeat?
 Is there a difference between their lines quality, commensurate (that is the biggest word I have ever typed and my spell checker is suffering thermal over load) with pricing?
 Is there no company that competes with the "Baseline"?

Rob Spence:
Ok, banjo center has DR stands. Not up to K&M but way better than the cheapies.
I have some tall tripods and a couple of shorts. For shorts I mostly use the ones from Audiopile.net.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version