ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Case Options For Soundcraft Expression 32 channel  (Read 3707 times)

Dave Barker

Case Options For Soundcraft Expression 32 channel
« on: May 22, 2013, 08:45:22 PM »

Just curious as to what others are using for there Expression or Compact 32 channel boards.  I am looking for something similar to the Gator case that they have for the X32 with wheels and a doghouse.  I talked to MT Cases about making one, I have a couple of there cases for some other boards but didn't really want to spend half the cost of the board on a case.

What you using?

Thanks

Ryan McLeod

Re: Case Options For Soundcraft Expression 32 channel
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 09:02:47 PM »

My Si-Compacts have custom cases with Doghouses a la MT.

Nils Erickson

• San Francisco
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 02:56:18 AM »

Just curious as to what others are using for there Expression or Compact 32 channel boards.  I am looking for something similar to the Gator case that they have for the X32 with wheels and a doghouse.  I talked to MT Cases about making one, I have a couple of there cases for some other boards but didn't really want to spend half the cost of the board on a case.

What you using?

Thanks
I just ordered one yesterday from Brady Cases.  They are custom building it.  I have found nothing ready to order.  This place has good options; I ordered mine with four 4" casters, a doghouse, and 3/8" ply.  Lead time is 4-6 weeks, about the same as when I ordered the case for my Midas Venice from Road Ready.  I have not had any experience ordering from Brady before, but liked that I could have a live message chat with him to answer my questions before ordering.  I also got a quote from Olympic, which was over my budget...

Hope that helps, I was scratching my head on this one for a bit too.

Cheers,
Nils

Mike Reigh

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 08:16:30 PM »

We got a quote for $1200 + shipping and thought it was a little steep as well, so I went on a quest to find other mixers that were similar width.  I found that the Beheringer MX9000 was a 24x8 mixer that was damn close in width, and enough depth for a really nice size dog box.  Got this, but needs a bit of foam and a box built, but for the price, it's kind of hard to beat:

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Odyssey-Cases-FZMX9000CW-Flight-Zone-ATA-Behringer-MX9000-Mixer-DJ-Case-Built-In-Wheels-FZMX9000CW

It has handles in all the right places and six latches, and for $350 shipped (what was offered) you won't find anything cheaper.  heck, You may get them down to $300. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 08:26:13 PM by Mike Reigh »

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 10:35:19 PM »

I will check the sizes, but we used an OSP case that was close in size then added a little foam. Very cost effective. $300 or so

Teddy Murphy

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 10:10:33 AM »

I had one built for my performer 3 by cabbage case in Columbus Ohio for around $500 and its a perfect fit and an awesome case.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2013, 10:10:33 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.