ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: iNuke 3000 - B1800X Pro... HELP!!  (Read 11895 times)

Cory Short

Re: iNuke 3000 - B1800X Pro... HELP!!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »

I am sorry Doug.  I am new here.  Tim I don't even know what a sonic maximizer is.   I plan to use the crossover only until I learn more.  So should I go with the external or the built in??

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 09:32:56 PM »

I am sorry Doug.  I am new here.  Tim I don't even know what a sonic maximizer is.   I plan to use the crossover only until I learn more.  So should I go with the external or the built in??

The "sonic maximizer" is a feature of the crossover you own.  BBE does not document how it really works (lots of pseudo-tehno).

My experience and the experiences of others regarding these types of "maximizer" or "enhancer" processing/processors has been that they are, for the most part, snake oil.  Without a technical examination of exactly what this one does (and how it does it), I'd not use it.  Again, based on the presence of the sonic maximizer.

Based on your original post, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.  Is the 6000 too much for the speakers?  Sure, if you run it balls to the walls, full tilt boogie, clip lights flashing or worse, staying on... but under those condition a 3000 could do the same damage.   I power a single HF driver in a monitor with a channel of I-Tech 8000.. it's all in how you operate the system.

Whether or not you use the crossover in the sub depends on what you're using for the top box.  Whether or not you use external active crossovers or the processing inside the amp depends on other things about your system.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 09:34:23 PM »

So you don't know what it is-yet you want to know if it is "better"?

It depends on what "reviews" you read.  For people with very limited systems-it "might" offer something.

BUT REMEMBER-just because it is "different" does not mean it is better----------------------------

Admittedly-decades ago (when it first came out) I used one-for a very little while-because of the "reviews".

It did not last in my system very long before I realized it was doing more damage to the sound than good.

You will not find much "love" around here for them.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
iNuke 3000 - B1800X Pro... HELP!!
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 09:40:25 PM »

If you've got the amp with the built in DSP, use it.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
iNuke 3000 - B1800X Pro... HELP!!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 10:10:41 PM »

The "sonic maximizer" is a feature of the crossover you own.  BBE does not document how it really works (lots of pseudo-tehno).

My experience and the experiences of others regarding these types of "maximizer" or "enhancer" processing/processors has been that they are, for the most part, snake oil.  Without a technical examination of exactly what this one does (and how it does it), I'd not use it.  Again, based on the presence of the sonic maximizer.

Someone posted this video review of a sonic maximizer a while back, enjoy.

http://youtu.be/LosL-gdHLpk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
Re: Re: iNuke 3000 - B1800X Pro... HELP!!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 10:43:50 PM »

I'd want to make sure the 'sonic maximizer' was 100% defeatable.

A nine pound hammer would be the best way to 100% defeat the sonic suckinizer.

On the other hand a local pub has 2 of the subs hung in parallel off of one side of a nu3000 and the tops on the other side. Nothing wrong with the way the built in crossover works and it is plenty for live music in the bar area (about 100 people.)

I go through there every couple of months with two different bands and have never felt the need to bring in a different pa for what the gig pays. The behringer setup is not what I would buy but sounds decent compared to other things in the same price range.(did I actually say that out loud?)
Jay Barracato

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
Re: Re: iNuke 3000 - B1800X Pro... HELP!!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 06:35:32 PM »

The behringer setup is not what I would buy but sounds decent compared to other things in the same price range.(did I actually say that out loud?)

Behringer may be the name we do not mention, but in all honesty they actually produce usable products at an affordable price. I would suffice to say that a budget system comprised of 100% Behringer equipment would not only sound Ok, but the ROI would be even better....... I have a little Behringer mixer that has paid for itself 100 times and it still has more to give. I wish my LS9 was giving me that kind of return........
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Scott Harris

• Subwoofer forum
  • Worcester, MA
    • Running Sound
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 11:07:11 PM »

Did anyone else notice this original conversation was on April fools day?  Coincidence?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 11:07:11 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.