ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundscraft GBR2 Aux 1 and 2 problem  (Read 1663 times)

Scott Wynne

Soundscraft GBR2 Aux 1 and 2 problem
« on: May 16, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »

I have had this board about 4 years. About 9 months ago I started having issues with Aux 1 and 2 sends. They almost seem to have dirt in them but it is stranger than that. I use the board once or twice a month. When I set everything up and am using these for 2 monitor channels there is no signal. When I pump some music through them and crank the AUX1 and AUX2 master sends all the way up, the pop and start working. They will then work fine for a day or two. The next gig I have to do this all over again to get them to work. Kind of want some feedback before I go to a service center for help.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Soundscraft GBR2 Aux 1 and 2 problem
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 01:06:41 AM »

I have had this board about 4 years. About 9 months ago I started having issues with Aux 1 and 2 sends. They almost seem to have dirt in them but it is stranger than that. I use the board once or twice a month. When I set everything up and am using these for 2 monitor channels there is no signal. When I pump some music through them and crank the AUX1 and AUX2 master sends all the way up, the pop and start working. They will then work fine for a day or two. The next gig I have to do this all over again to get them to work. Kind of want some feedback before I go to a service center for help.

Cold or broken solder joints or possibly dirty switching contacts on Aux insert jacks (if it has them).
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Soundscraft GBR2 Aux 1 and 2 problem
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 01:06:41 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 25 queries.