ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PreSonus Studio live 24.4.4 update 1.7 software  (Read 5391 times)

Jerry Burns

PreSonus Studio live 24.4.4 update 1.7 software
« on: May 15, 2013, 09:54:34 PM »

Hi Folks, just to let you know, I own a local sound co. We do a lot of music festivals, corp events kind of the what ever someone needs for there event. I bought the PreSonus 24 2 years ago, before the Behringer x32 was released. I had 2 Allen and Heath's GL 4000's 40 channels with all the front of house stuff you need.
I bought the Presonus to stop caring all of the front of house stuff and having to plug in all the comps and gates and EQ's and every thing else you have to do.
Well 2 years later and I will never go back to analog my system is much cleaner sounding with digital and set up is much easier.
Yesterday I upgraded my PreSonus with the updates and now have the Smaart program. So I spent a couple days here watching video's and trying the programs out. I am really pleased with the Support after sale of Presonus. The updates have been free if you own the board and registered your board. I'm 65 yrs old and we had a time setting up the computer to firewire and learning how every thing worked. Most of the support was done by E-mail and most of the problems was us not doing things on the computer right.
I don't believe some of you have tried the PreSonus from what I see posted in this forum or you just need something else from your equipment but for me the Presonus has made me some money and improved my sound system. Thanks Jerry  :)   

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: PreSonus Studio live 24.4.4 update 1.7 software
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 10:01:31 PM »

Glad it's working out for  you and that your experience with Presonus tech support has been positive.

You are one of the few lucky folks.

I own and use a 24:2, had a 16 channel model before that.  Both consoles worked well.  I wish I could say that about their tech support.

Put me down on the opposite side of the fence regarding their competence at support.  I'd label them hopeless.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Jerry Burns

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 10:30:37 PM »

Hi Folks, just to let you know, I own a local sound co. We do a lot of music festivals, corp events kind of the what ever someone needs for there event. I bought the PreSonus 24 2 years ago, before the Behringer x32 was released. I had 2 Allen and Heath's GL 4000's 40 channels with all the front of house stuff you need.
I bought the Presonus to stop caring all of the front of house stuff and having to plug in all the comps and gates and EQ's and every thing else you have to do.
Well 2 years later and I will never go back to analog my system is much cleaner sounding with digital and set up is much easier.
Yesterday I upgraded my PreSonus with the updates and now have the Smaart program. So I spent a couple days here watching video's and trying the programs out. I am really pleased with the Support after sale of Presonus. The updates have been free if you own the board and registered your board. I'm 65 yrs old and we had a time setting up the computer to firewire and learning how every thing worked. Most of the support was done by E-mail and most of the problems was us not doing things on the computer right.
I don't believe some of you have tried the PreSonus from what I see posted in this forum or you just need something else from your equipment but for me the Presonus has made me some money and improved my sound system. Thanks Jerry  :)
Dick sorry to hear that, The support I'm talking about is the updates for the software, I have been on the phone waiting for someone to talk to and never got anyone. If I had questions in the beginning I had to Email back and forth. Lucky I have never needed service on the board. But the build quality of the console has been very good and I have been considering the 32 channel. I will try the Behringer and the Sound Craft before I buy anything else. 

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 11:38:41 PM »

Well, Jerry, I have to say I have had nothing but good experience with my SL.  I have been using mine for 9 months now and it has functioned exactly as intended. The iPad  app has been great and totally reliable, so far. My only experience with support, other than the upgrades, was a question as to where I could get some labels.  Their response was sending them to me!  Just thought I'd let you know there are some happy SL users out here.

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 04:44:05 PM »

Yesterday I upgraded my PreSonus with the updates and now have the Smaart program.
You have PreSonus' downscaled version of Smaart.  With the StudioLives you are able to get a potentially very useful but also rather simplified and limited version of Smaart that should not be confused with the full dual channel, FFT based Smaart program.

Tim Perry

• Utica-Rome NY
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 10:18:45 PM »

Glad it's working out for  you and that your experience with Presonus tech support has been positive.

You are one of the few lucky folks.

I own and use a 24:2, had a 16 channel model before that.  Both consoles worked well.  I wish I could say that about their tech support.

Put me down on the opposite side of the fence regarding their competence at support.  I'd label them hopeless.

Ditto... except I did get through to a tech support human once who attempted to be helpful. My question was about a USB interface software/driver issue.

Turned out my problem was solved simply but twisting the mix knob on the unit... however tech support didn't know to tell me that that.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 10:18:45 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.