ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEAR (Bogen) speakers?  (Read 2500 times)

John Chiara

NEAR (Bogen) speakers?
« on: June 06, 2013, 08:10:10 AM »

I am helping upgrade a small baseball stadium. They have a bunch of these, they appear to be 70V models, but they are running off a 6 channel Rane amplifier that does not have 70V output. They are doing little or nothing. Would this setup damage those models? Not sure why they are being used.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: NEAR (Bogen) speakers?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 12:06:32 PM »

I am helping upgrade a small baseball stadium. They have a bunch of these, they appear to be 70V models, but they are running off a 6 channel Rane amplifier that does not have 70V output. They are doing little or nothing. Would this setup damage those models? Not sure why they are being used.
If it is the Rane 6 x150W then you are looking at about 15V per channel.

The speakers 9at whatever tap they are at) would be "looking" for 70V to get the tapped wattage to the driver.

So if they are tapped low-then there would be little output.

The FIRST thing I would do would be to take an impedance CURVE (not just a single freq-or at least do 4 or 5 freq to get an "idea").

If all the channels are not being used then you can bridge to get the voltage up to 50V (6 dB higher)-if that helps.

But you have to know the ACTUAL load before you go much further
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 03:15:19 AM »

Sounds like a Rane MA6 or MA6S, which was direct 4 Ohm or 8 Ohm operation, but there was also the associated http://www.rane.com/pdf/old/ktm6dat.pdf that was six matching outputs transformers for using the MA6 models in constant voltage systems.  If it is a constant voltage systems then you might want to see if one of those are some other output transformers are used.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 03:15:19 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.