ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Outdoor speakers  (Read 7512 times)

Kyle Leonard

• Bozeman, MT
    • Enlightened Events
Re: Outdoor speakers
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 11:26:46 AM »

Erik, as one of the manufacturers once pointed out to me there is a difference between a "weatherproof" and a "weather resistant" speaker and many variations on the latter.  There is also a huge range of size, cost and performance for weather resistant speakers.

If you just want common brand names then along with those offered you might want to look at http://www.onesystems.com/.  And JBL, Tannoy, Atlas, Danley and others also offer weather resistant versions of some of their models.

Don't forget Realistic and Aviom!

Bob L. Wilson

Re: Outdoor speakers
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 11:37:54 AM »

Looking for recommendations for outdoor speakers.  Permanent install on a flat un-sheltered south facing wall in Minnesota.  Client wants to use system for a couple mics and pre-recorded music playback.

My concern is durability vis-a-vis weather and getting enough output to work in an outside space.

I suppose it is possible that the speakers could be covered or removed for the winter months.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Erik

For the land o ten tousand lakes man, I wouldn't leave any plastic speakers up all winter, and expect them to last very long. I saw a guy knock the entire corner out of an SX100 that had been left in a band trailer overnight in 20 below weather by just bumping it lightly against a door jam while carrying it in to a building. I suspect the glass temperature of the materials used in most plastic speaker housings is around zero F, if it wasn't the materials would be insufficiently rigid when sitting in the sun on a 100 degree day.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Outdoor speakers
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 10:35:09 PM »

I put up a pair of Bose 402II speakers at an outside dressage ring in 2005. I had to go replace the CD player this week but the speakers still sound good (yes, I used the correct processor).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

Outdoor speakers
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 10:35:09 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.