ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'll show you mine if you show me yours  (Read 40746 times)

Michael Robertson

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2013, 10:25:21 pm »

Well, the stage design looks that good because they have sense enough to leave me out of it. :-)
The screens are permanent, but the rest of the stage changes with every sermon series.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2013, 08:48:07 pm »

Here's another church I help at, I installed and setup the x32 in the picture. They're also running 2 Shure pgx beltpacks(one lav and one headset) and 4 channels of Sennheiser xs handhelds(hopefully if/when the Shures quit working we'll switch to all Sennheiser). Took this today while I was mixing for their VBS this week. So far the x32 has been great, everybody I've talked to says it sounds much better than the old board; using it this week has made me really want one of the smaller ones for the band I work with.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Josh Hana

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2013, 02:15:46 pm »

Midas Pro2C and JBL VRX. Entire band is on Aviom. We load in and out of a 800 cap high school auditorium each week.

Jeff Foster

« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2013, 04:20:40 pm »

Midas Pro2C and JBL VRX. Entire band is on Aviom. We load in and out of a 800 cap high school auditorium each week.

How do you like the Midas?  I've been seriously looking at them to replace our console.  They are on my short list, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on them.
Jeff Foster
Freelance system designer/installer

Josh Hana

« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2013, 05:45:08 pm »

How do you like the Midas?  I've been seriously looking at them to replace our console.  They are on my short list, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on them.

I'll preface this by saying I'm a paid contractor (opposed to volunteer) with the church, I work at a sound company full time. The guy I replaced at the church was a Midas rep, who moved to a new region. That's a big part of why/how we ended up getting this. The LS9 was also an option, and they toyed with the idea of the X32.

I love the board. It took a little getting used to, but after a few months of using it every week, I love it. Very powerful, very small footprint, sounds amazing. Integrates seemlessly with the Avioms through the KT AES network bridge, and we're using the DL251 stage rack. 4 lines of Cat5 to the stage, so we replaced a really old/raggedy copper snake, which is a huge plus considering we're doing a full In and Out each week.

I'm not sure it would be my first recommendation to most churches, as it isn't the most novice-friendly board out there. Not that it's incredibly difficult, it just has a different work-flow than many other boards. You're really forced into using POP groups and VCAs to navigate the mix. There is an overview screen, but you can really only work on a few channels at a time. You really have to trust your ears and be comfortable mixing to use this board IMO.

There are plenty of boards in the sub-20K range that can handle ~48in/16out that would suit most churches just fine, and many will be much cheaper. But I don't really think many of them are going to sound nearly as good as this.

Stefan Maerz

• Knoxville Tennessee
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2013, 10:08:07 am »

Josh Hana,

Out of curiousity, what is that full range speaker on the left accomplishing?

Jonathan Johnson

• Southwest Washington (state, not DC)
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2013, 12:15:02 pm »

Out of curiousity, what is that full range speaker on the left accomplishing?

Maybe it's for that one hard-of-hearing person who fancies himself a sound "expert" and doesn't believe you're doing things right, so he planted a microphone on the lectern and is running his own system.

Yes, I've dealt with that sort of person.
Stop confusing the issue with facts and logic!

Josh Hana

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2013, 12:18:31 pm »

Maybe it's for that one hard-of-hearing person who fancies himself a sound "expert" and doesn't believe you're doing things right, so he planted a microphone on the lectern and is running his own system.

Nah it's a mackie, belongs to the school... they're just too lazy to put them away. We don't use them all at.

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2013, 01:01:06 pm »

My church would never allow such a thing, thankfully.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Stefan Maerz

• Knoxville Tennessee
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2013, 01:06:44 pm »

lol. You have got to be kidding.

If that ever happened to me, it would take the cake for most confusing thing a musician/audience memeber has done to me.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2013, 01:06:44 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.