ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: I'll show you mine if you show me yours  (Read 52792 times)

Jeff Foster

I'll show you mine if you show me yours
« on: May 05, 2013, 06:02:14 PM »

A few years ago (I think it was on the old forums), we had a topic to show off our sound booths.  It seemed to be fairly popular, so let's do it again.  Take a pic or two of your sound booth and post it for others to see.

Mine is attached.  Now it's your turn.....
Jeff Foster
Freelance system designer/installer

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:42:35 PM »

Ah the Mackie TT24. The board I learned how to mix on! Good times.

I'd take your booth over mine any day of the week.
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 10:17:35 PM »

These are the variations of our FOH setup. The initial version was like the first one without the rack case. The last one was at a gig we did last weekend(April 27th) and the one before it is our typical current setup.

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 09:34:50 AM »

Here is the sound end.  Record mixer is in the middle (behind the camera) and the video station is behind that.
Not to Code

Jeff Foster

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 10:03:42 AM »

Here is the sound end.  Record mixer is in the middle (behind the camera) and the video station is behind that.

Wow.  I've never actually seen anyone running SAC.  I've read posts where people talk about it, but never actually seen a SAC setup before.  How do you like it?  Do the control surfaces work well with it?
Jeff Foster
Freelance system designer/installer

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 11:55:56 AM »

Wow.  I've never actually seen anyone running SAC.  I've read posts where people talk about it, but never actually seen a SAC setup before.  How do you like it?  Do the control surfaces work well with it?

We have been using it for about 4 years.  We like it a LOT  We chose it because it would fit our needs including price but have learned that it does a lot more then fit our mixer needs.  It is our recording mixer, our 10 person IEM personal mixers, our distribution system for all our outputs (Main, delayed foyer, nursery, hearing assist, TV sets, and others)  It is used by the church and our K-12 school (Same hardware but two completely separate mixers starting at the hard drives.)

Cost was about 4K for 48 ch  plus 1K to add the 10 personal mixers

Once installed it works like any other mixer, turn it on, use it turn it off, go home.  It is regularly used by people from 14 to 66.

Frank
Not to Code

Rodney Harrison

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 03:12:26 PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 03:57:13 PM »

Rhythm,  Very nice.  Not just the board but the entire picture.

I note a speaker near by in the upper rt of the picture.  Do you have trouble hearing what the congregation hears?

Also if Rhythm is not your real name you need to change your login or the moderator will get you.
Not to Code

Rodney Harrison

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 05:09:05 PM »

Rhythm,  Very nice.  Not just the board but the entire picture.

I note a speaker near by in the upper rt of the picture.  Do you have trouble hearing what the congregation hears?

Also if Rhythm is not your real name you need to change your login or the moderator will get you.

Thanks Frank,  and yes, there is a speaker in the upper right as well ( if you look closely) in the upper left.  Having the console in the balcony makes it difficult...the bottom end in thinned out up there and the volume is different (lower) so I have to remind the techs not to have the subs up and watch the overall volume!  I have to remember as well!   It's a new system and we all are learning.

Jason Lucas

• Hillsboro, OR, USA
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 05:15:31 PM »

Thanks Frank,  and yes, there is a speaker in the upper right as well ( if you look closely) in the upper left.  Having the console in the balcony makes it difficult...the bottom end in thinned out up there and the volume is different (lower) so I have to remind the techs not to have the subs up and watch the overall volume!  I have to remember as well!   It's a new system and we all are learning.

That's why me and the other sound techs at my church were adamant about not having the board be up in the balcony. Of course, the spot we wound up in wasn't much better...
There are three things I hate: Harsh highs, hollow mids, and woofy bass.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 05:15:31 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.