ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amp rack help  (Read 15728 times)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Re: Amp rack help
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2013, 04:45:23 PM »

1900 boxes work for me.

Anyway!!! Does anybody have any insight on power distro for racks though?

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 01:14:52 AM »

1900 boxes work for me.

I would rather have a nice rack mount piece with a 50 amp connector and separate breakers for individual circuits. Cleanliness is always a big thing with me. I feel like it leaves a little better impression on the client too when they can't differentiate the gear you bought from the gear you made. Nobody mass produces anything with 1900 boxes besides the company that makes those boxes. ::) granted I do have stage stringers that are made from them I'm just looking for an "in the box" solution.

Thanks for the input guys

Michael

Nils Erickson

• San Francisco
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 04:19:50 AM »

I would rather have a nice rack mount piece with a 50 amp connector and separate breakers for individual circuits. Cleanliness is always a big thing with me. I feel like it leaves a little better impression on the client too when they can't differentiate the gear you bought from the gear you made. Nobody mass produces anything with 1900 boxes besides the company that makes those boxes. ::) granted I do have stage stringers that are made from them I'm just looking for an "in the box" solution.

Thanks for the input guys

Michael

Michael,
I have this:
http://www.motionlabs.com/c-83-50a-125250v-in-thru.aspx
It works great, I highly recommend it...

Cheers,
Nils

Cosmo

• SR Forums
  • Northern Colorado, USA
Re: Amp rack help
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 10:59:03 PM »

Hey guys I'm looking to make my racks a little more turn keyI have my main FOH rack that has A Furman, EV DC One, 2 QSC PL340's and a PL380...

You're not powering the QSCs from the Furman, are you?   :o

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away.  - H.D. Thoreau

Michael Gorecki

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 12:10:16 AM »

Michael,
I have this:
http://www.motionlabs.com/c-83-50a-125250v-in-thru.aspx
It works great, I highly recommend it...

Cheers,
Nils

Thanks Nils, this is more of what I was looking for just wasn't sure of any manufacturers. Is this a pretty narrow market or do most companies just make their own distros?

Michael

You're not powering the QSCs from the Furman, are you?   :o

Yes I have all my amps plugged into the furman, two pl340's and a 380.  ::) ::) ;D ;D

No, I plug my DC One into it  and sometimes my monitor console. I mainly use it as a Volt Meter though.

Nils Erickson

• San Francisco
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 03:18:46 AM »

Thanks Nils, this is more of what I was looking for just wasn't sure of any manufacturers. Is this a pretty narrow market or do most companies just make their own distros?

Michael,

I think this is a pretty narrow market, with a few companies making these types of distros.  When I bought mine, lots of people here also recommended Jim from Amp Shop for building these.  I went with the Motion because it is a listed product which I was familiar with.

Cheers,
Nils

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Amp rack help
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 10:25:54 AM »

Michael,

I think this is a pretty narrow market, with a few companies making these types of distros.  When I bought mine, lots of people here also recommended Jim from Amp Shop for building these.  I went with the Motion because it is a listed product which I was familiar with.

Cheers,
Nils

I got mine from Amp Shop and have been very happy with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

Amp rack help
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 10:25:54 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.